Brisket into jerky?!?!?!?

Started by wkahler, May 18, 2011, 05:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wkahler

Well found the half brisket that was left over from the cow you got butchered.  I was going to smoke it but i am in need to make some more jerky out of it, if that's possible?  I think its an OK piece of meat for it but wanted to check if there is any issues as fare as chewy or to stringy!!  I normally go to Kroger's and get rump roast on clearance and have the deli people cut it into 1/4-1/8 thickness and it makes great jerky, but thought i might as well use what i got!
The smoking lamp is lit!!!

NePaSmoKer

Yup

Brisket jerky is good  ;D

wkahler

Words from the king himself LOL!!!!

KyNola

Brisket will definitely make jerky.  Were it me I would slice against the grain to alleviate the stringiness somewhat.

grnhs

Do they charge to slice it up for you?

SoCalBuilder

Brisket makes some fine jerky. Only pain was trimming the fat >:(

wkahler

Yeah sliced it against the grain and going to let it soak for 3-4 days or whenever i get time to smoke it!  Seem to slice OK left it partially frozen to make it a little easier to cut.  Didn't want to haul the meat slicer out just to have to spend as much time cleaning it back up!

They don't charge to slice the rump roast at the grocery, just look at you a little funny!  I have 2 local shops that would probable not think it was funny but the people at Kroger's don't really have any idea what to do with some of the meat that they sell!

Brisket Lover

Great jerky!!  Send me some lol