"Dino Bones" Beef Shortribs today!

Started by Timereaver, May 14, 2011, 08:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timereaver

Hi everyone - this time I made sure I took photos haha - took out 3 pkgs of the big "Dino Bones" type beef short ribs (at least that's what we call them) and gave them some love in the BDS.  Used my own rub, first coated the ribs with some spicy german mustard and then generously coated with rub - let sit for a couple of hours in fridge then into the smoker.  Smoked at 225F for 3 hours, with Hickory and Crown Royal alternating.  Then into the oven at 200F for another 1.5 hours covered tight with thick foil and a bottle of my own Oktoberfest that I just bottled last weekend - it really loved those ribs.  Turned out really nice - tender and moist with lots of flavor.  You're all welcome to sample next time!  

Daryl

Thanks for the advice on how to add photos - here they are!

Coated with Rub before smoking:

Into the Smoker:

After 3 hours:

Onto the pan and into the oven with the bottle of beer:

After 1.5 hours - ready to eat!

GusRobin

"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

La Quinta

Those look awesome...we just did some bison short ribs....just about the same way...hope they were tasty!!  ;D

ghost9mm

WOW!!! you sure didn't have to chew them off the bone...lol they really look great..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill