Whoops!!!

Started by itchybeard, May 16, 2011, 12:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Hopefull Romantic on May 18, 2011, 08:48:55 AM
IB
smoked chesse is more of a personal preference to how potent the smoke. I have done 4 hours and ate them up after two week. But what I really want to know is how in God's name you smoked the oil.

HR

Hi HR

You put the oil in a large open fairly deep tray ( make sure it fits on the racks ). I use the cheap aluminium ones as you can shape the corner in to a good pouring flute so you can pour back into the bottle and cold smoke it for 2-3 hours and it absorbs the smoke. I do a 500ml bottle at a time in the tray. I daresay that you could do more though.
Then pour back into the bottle.

This could be the start of something big. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks alot I will try that.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

itchybeard

Just tried the cheese and .............................................GREAT......LOVE IT........ and it will only get better with age. Love it.
Trouble is the daughter likes it a lot to.  ;).
Happy Smoking ><((((((o>~~~~~
Itchy

Just coming dear...:D

itchybeard

Hi All.
Over the last couple of weeks I have been experimenting  with the Hickory smoked peanut oil. I have fried onions in it for burgers, rubbed some on a chicken before roasting, had some on a salad, used as a base for frying off meat or veg in various dishes. The more I use it the more uses I can find and I must say the taste is absolutely fantastic !!!! not to rich not to slight just right.
I shall be trying some different oils next and different bisquettes, the different combinations are endless but so far so good.
Would love to hear of anyone else who has had a go.  :)
Happy Smoking ><((((((o>~~~~~
Itchy

Just coming dear...:D