whole chicken with pics

Started by digitalsmoker, May 16, 2011, 04:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitalsmoker

Smoked a whole chicken used cherry wood.

DarqMan

Nice!  Looks to be done to perfection.  I'll bet it tasted as good as it looks.
Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID, Traeger Texas BBQ075, Traeger Junior BBQ055, Bubba Keg with Stoker

New car, caviar, four star daydream, think I'll buy me a football team.

wyoduke

1 OBS
1 BRINKMAN
1 ROYAL JOKE
1 Smoke Daddy
1 Brinkman smoker grill
1 Green Mountain Grill

muebe

Nice looking bird! Did you finish in the oven or was that all Bradley? How was the skin?
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

squirtthecat

smoker pete

Great looking Chicken there ... Love that color.

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

OU812

Thats a good lookin bird, bet it tasted even better.

I also question how you finished that bad boy, TBE, the grill, the oven or the smoker?  ;D

ghost9mm

WOW!!! that a mighty good lookin bird, like some of the others have said, is that all bradley color or TBE or some other method of browning.?
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

digitalsmoker

Quote from: ghost9mm on May 17, 2011, 05:51:50 PM
WOW!!! that a mighty good lookin bird, like some of the others have said, is that all bradley color or TBE or some other method of browning.?
Quote from: OU812 on May 17, 2011, 01:42:53 PM
Thats a good lookin bird, bet it tasted even better.

I also question how you finished that bad boy, TBE, the grill, the oven or the smoker?  ;D
Quote from: muebe on May 17, 2011, 10:11:26 AM
Nice looking bird! Did you finish in the oven or was that all Bradley? How was the skin?

Hey guys, what starts in the smoker ends in the smoker. I have not yet pulled anything out of the smoker. I am trying to work on getting the birds skin to be crispy, I have thought about pulling the water pan for the last hour, any other ideas please do let me know. 

muebe

You will not be able to get the skin crispy in the Bradley. I usually finish mine in my TBE to crisp up the skin but you could finish it in the oven also ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

Like muebe stated you wont get crispy skin finishing in the Bradley like you would get in a lump burner.

I cook at 250 F and still cant get it crispy, thats why I like to finish in TBE.

Not sayin finishing in the Bradley is bad or anything of the sorts, just sayin I like crispy skin.  ;D

Bigbirdoffroad

I did a whole chicken in the Bradley last week and I got the skin semi-crispy. I pat the bird dry, coat with dry rub and smoke at 250. No brine or injections.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

mikecorn.1

Mike

TestRocket

Good looking bird! Congrats!  ;D