Big Bob Gibson's White Sauce - anybody tried it?

Started by Slamdunk, May 17, 2011, 08:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slamdunk

I BBQ'd some chicken tonight and as per the instructions on the bottle put a good amount of the sauce on the chicken for the last 10 minutes of the BBQ.

A previous finger test had me wondering if the sauce would be a little too strong for my liking, so I was really surprized when I couldn't even taste it on the chicken.

Does anybody else use the sauce and if so, at what time do you put the sauce on?

TIA

On a humorous note  I thought most of the chicken was ready so pulled some off the grill and put it on a plate I had on the side of the BBQ and then went into the house for something. I came back out right away and noticed that one of the chicken breasts was gone !! Huh ?? I looked on the pavement around the BBQ but nothing there! Then I noticed a crow on the fence about 30 feet away from the BBQ and right below him was my chicken breast!! I hope he burned his beak !! Actually I really like crows, just not when they steal my chicken  :) :)

TMB

Are you kidding? I have sent out a bunch of bottles!  Good stuff

OBTW... His team won the Grand Champion at Memphis in May for 2011
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Slamdunk

TMB, how do you use it on Chicken?

Do you just brush some on the last 10 minutes or use it as marinade ?, or.....

I was surprised at how liquidy it is....

TMB

Most folks here brush it on after you remove the chicken from the grill, sorta like a brush on dipping sauce
Live, ride, eat well and thank God!

Slamdunk

pensrock

I don't know..... a white BBQ sauce? Just don't seem right. Must be ok though if he won Grand Champion.  ???

monty

Quote from: TMB on May 18, 2011, 01:34:00 PM
Most folks here brush it on after you remove the chicken from the grill, sorta like a brush on dipping sauce

+1

have never tried it, but have seen pictures and videos where they "dunk" the chicken right after it comes off the grill.
Bradley Original Smoker BT1S1
Auber PID WS-1200CPH
Traeger Lil' Tex BBQ070
Char-Broil Big Easy Infrared Fryer 10101480
Napoleon Ultra Chef UP405RB

Smokin Soon

I like Big Bob's White sauce a lot, but nobody out here on the left coast I have cooked for does. Mix some GP in there for chicken legs, good eats! Great on the pooper cause no worrys about burning.

Slamdunk

I just went to their website, and sure enough, they say to dunk the chicken in it after BBQ'ing.

Don't know where I got the idea to brush it on.....

Another birthday at the end of the month...must be getting old and hearing imaginary voices.

What'd you say?