SMOKING SAUSAGE AND SIDE RIBS TOGETHER

Started by TRAILERKING, May 22, 2011, 03:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAILERKING

Any recommendations on Hot Smoke/Cook in a Bradley Digital? I have three of the wire racks loaded with ribs and one wire rack occupied with a coil of souvlaki sausage.

GusRobin

what type of recommendations you looking for? Smoke type.\, time? What type ribs? The more you can be specific the easier it will be for folks to give you their ideas.
meanwhile hereis a link to the recipe site that may give you some ideas.
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?180-Our-Time-Tested-and-Proven-Recipes
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TRAILERKING

Oh Sorry for the lack of info. The ribs are pork side ribs. I was concerned about time and tempuratures for the items being done together at the same time. I managed to do them and everything seemed quite good as an end result. Did the 3-2-1 with the ribs. The sausage stayed in the Bradley the whole time during the 3-2-1 but not foil wrapped like the ribs. I did put an external digital temp. gauge to monitor and compare the temps. Amazingly enough I had to have the Bradley set at 230F to maintain a cabinet temp. of 195-200F. So I don't know if this is a normal issue with the digital Bradleys. I used to normaly be going by the Bradley for a temp of 190-200F but I see the likley would have been low.
What I was concerned about is trying to smoke and have everything cooked right out of the smoker. So am I on the right track? It appeared the sausage was cooked. Ribs pulled back on the bones on most of them. I was always used to having to cook things the conventional way at 350-375F to be cooked. Does the smoker actually manage to fully cook at a lengthy time but lower temp?

Habanero Smoker

Where did you place the temperature probe, to obtain your reading?

You are on the right track. Though it is recommended that you use a cabinet temperature of at least 225°F to be on the safe side, if your sausage was uncured. That temperature is also recommended for cooking any ground meat; such as meatloaf etc.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)