It might have been crappy weather but you can still smoke in the garage!

Started by gerryf, May 16, 2011, 12:06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerryf

The weather was terrible here in Ontario over the weekend but that didn't stop us from using the Bradley Digital Smoker to smoke up some yummy ribs!

WP_000075 by gtfreymann, on Flickr

Had both windows open for airflow and the large garage door open a foot too.

jiggerjams

gerryf

My buddy who "trained me" just moved and the rental house doesn't have a garage either so he had to use his kitchen oven on Sunday!!

He also graduated to the Big Green Egg  http://www.biggreenegg.ca/  but that seems a bit too rich for my blood! Not to mention you can't easily pick it up and take with you [camping, to a friend's house, etc].

Savage

The weather is still terrible here and will be for days. Nice, smoking in the garage. Have a few cold ones for me.
Hey is that a Blue Jays poster above the window?
What we know is not much. What we don't know is enormous.

Bigbirdoffroad

You can always get some dryer vent hose and run it from the top of the Bradley - right out a window. That way you don't freeze when it's cold outside.

On another note......What in the world are you doing with baseball player Voodoo Dolls above your garage side window??? No matter how hard you try, the Blue Jays are not going to win the World Series!!!! LOL
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Smokin Soon

Now the most important thing about that garage pic to me, as I'm a garage kind of guy, is a heater, a couple of chairs and a place to put your beer or libation. Garage well done!!!

ghost9mm

Well I think you need at least one lazyboy out there...lol.. :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Smokin Soon

Lazyboy??..... That just may go beyond the "we are just tending the smoker".

ronbeaux

The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

ghost9mm

Well if you don't want a Lazyboy, then how about a small flat screen mounted on the door of the Bradley...lol  :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

gerryf

Funny stuff! LOL

Yes, that's a picture of the Blue Jays. I'll have to check what year that is from.

My man cave is nothing compared to my masters. Heck, he had a wood fireplace, pool table, card table, tv, satellite, etc....

gerryf

All that was there, and the best part was the remote thermometer! I'd hang out in the garage for a bit, listen to the tunes, ensure the smoker was working, then get bored and go back in the house. The remote thermometer worked in the living room, down in the office, etc. Awesome. Even had a cordless phone in the garage and my smart phone, the propane tabletop heater, chairs, table. etc.

If you're going to look after ribs for 6 hours plus you mays well be comfortable!!!