Canadian Thanksgiving

Started by whitetailfan, October 06, 2005, 07:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitetailfan

Hey all,
No smoking this weekend for me as it's turkey day north of the 49th.
Heading to Fairmont BC for some family time and my last round of golf for 2005.

Time to hang up the clubs and break out the firearms.[:D]

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving.

Anybody up here smoking for TG dinner[?]

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Thunder Fish

Just going to toss a bone in ham for 4 hr.s(bottom rack) some ABT's(new found freind,2 center racks) and the top rack will have some Garlic/maple scallops sprayed with  E/V olive oil.
 To bad I can not eat buzzard..............
Happy Thanksgiving !

MWS

I'm doing a Boneless skin-on 5lb turkey breast. I'm going to brine it first, then smoke with cherry.

<i><font color="green"><b>Mike </i></font id="green"></b>

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Cold Smoke

Happy Thanks Giving good buddy!! I've still got a few fish to catch before the muzzle loader season. Hoping for a tasty doe to go with the fall walleyes. I gotta ask....what else is better than fresh walleye, Bradley smoked gobbler, fresh deer and good beer for a fall dinner with the boys??

All the best!!!!

Cold Smoke

whitetailfan

Not very much.

Glad to hear you didn't get carried off by mosquitoes this year.  We've had a couple good frosts now, bugs are pretty much toast.

Good luck with the muzzle loader.  I've been out twice now with the bow, but haven't bagged anything yet.  One of my new hunting partners came from Brandon, and by chance he sold his muzzle loader before he came out.  Lucky for him, as we don't have a proper primitive weapon season.  Archery only "pre-season".  You can hunt with muzzles and cross-bows, but you have to do it in the general season, and unless it's a passion, you might as well have a good high power rifle and scope.

And happy thanksgiving to you Cold, Thunder, and MWS.

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

SoupGuy

I'm (still) smoking peppers; nothing exciting but if I can figure out picture posting here, you would all be amazed (worried) at all the Chipotle, Ancho Chili and even Habanero peppers I have done this year....

Anyway...

What do Canadians have to be 'Thankfull' for? We (Howlies, Gringos, Infidels, etc) created this NOV holiday  because after conquering the indians 'we' discovered corn and roasted turkey. OK, actually, we tortured the Indians to get their corn know-how, stole all their turkeys at gunpoint and took their land...

Happy Hunting, and SMOKE THOSE BIRDS!

BigSmoker

Happy Thanksgiving  [:D]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

whitetailfan

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SoupNazi</i>
<br />Anyway...What do Canadians have to be 'Thankfull' for?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font size="3"><font color="red">A long weekend between Labour Day and Remembrance Day.</font id="red"></font id="size3">
And yes I spelled Labour with a 'U' on purpose.

"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB

Phone Guy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by whitetailfan</i>
<br />Hey all,

Time to hang up the clubs and break out the firearms.[:D]<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now thats music to my ears. But it seems like I don't hang up the firearms to often. Have a great Thanksgiving up there and good hunting when you go.

tsquared

Didn't see this thread before I posted one on the same subject. Not smoking this weekend--still dealing with stuff from last weekend's fishing trip. Eating the big turk traditional style.
Happy thanksgiving!
T2

MWS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SoupNazi</i>
<br />
What do Canadians have to be 'Thankfull' for? We (Howlies, Gringos, Infidels, etc) created this NOV holiday  because after conquering the indians 'we' discovered corn and roasted turkey. OK, actually, we tortured the Indians to get their corn know-how, stole all their turkeys at gunpoint and took their land...

Geez, I hope that's not something your boasting about, and if so, that's what we Canadians have to be thankful for....being Canadians

<i><font color="black">"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved".</i></font id="black">
 -John Wayne

Mike 

"Men like to barbecue, men will cook if danger is involved"

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mws</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SoupNazi</i>
<br />

Geez, I hope that's not something your boasting about, and if so, that's what we Canadians have to be thankful for....being Canadians

-John Wayne

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Good One Mike~~!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> if I can figure out picture posting here,<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1166

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

BTW, Happy Holiday to you all!

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

smokin stu

I have friends coming over making a combined total of four adults and five kids four years old and under.  That being said, supper has to on the early side so I put a whole turkey in the BS at five this morning!  I figure ten hours of cooking will take it to five PM just when the wee ones start chewing on the furniture.

First time cooking a whole bird.  I have cured and smoked turkey breasts before and they were great.  It is only ten oclock now and I am ready for a beer.

As it is Thanksgiving, I am thankful I have a Bradley smoker and food to put in it for my family, and the ability to get that food both domestic and wild.

Thunder Fish

"What do Canadians have to be 'Thankfull' for?" ......................................
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that the Bradley is made in Canada..........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm [:D] [:D] [:D]