New Alaska Owner

Started by akpackfan, May 26, 2011, 09:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akpackfan

Hello all.  Just purchased the original model.  Seasoning it as we speak.  It sure didn't reach 150 deg. within 10 min!  Probably going to try pork ribs for my first smoke.  Hope to learn much here.

aces-n-eights

Hi and welcome from another Alaskan - we're in Soldotna...  If you're not hitting over 130-140 or so, the main heating element may not be working.  The heat you're getting is from the smoke generator only.

First thing to try is to plug and re-plug all the connections.  Sometimes those connectors can be a little sticky and need to be seated firmly.

Anyway, good luck and welcome to the best forum on the internet!  Lots of smart folks here - don't hesitate to ask away!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

DADAKOTA

Welcome.  Nice to have another Packer fan on board. ;D

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

ghost9mm

Wecome and have a really great memorial day weekend...enjoy the ribs...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TestRocket

Welcome akpackfan and good luck with your ribs!  ;D

Try this link to get your pictures going:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showpost.php?p=768&postcount=11

akpackfan

Thanks everyone.  Aces, I'm in Wasilla. DaDakota, yup, GO PACK GO!!!  It probably took about 15 to 20 minutes to get to 150 but kept going from there and had to move the slider back to the left quite a bit to get it to stabilize at 150 so my element seems to be working fine.  Hope to buy some spare ribs today, rub em down and let sit overnite then in the smoker tomorrow morning.  Might try some chicken for Monday.  Thanks again.

KyNola

Welcome!  If you're in Wasilla then you may know another Bradley owner.  Goes by Iceman.

TestRocket

Most of us leave the vent wide open (mine is stuck that way) and especially with poultry because you need to let the moisture out! ;D

SouthernSmoked

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the forum...Enjoy!

http://www.susanminor.org

Remember we like pic's!!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

smoker pete

Welcome to the Forum akpackfan.

Last summer I had my 5th wheel parked in Wasilla for 3 month at Matanuska Air Service on Anderson Lake.  The wife and I were caretakers.  Had a blast ... can't wait to return to Alaska again ... soon, real soon!! ;D ;) 

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

beefmann

welcome to the forum and ask questions,,,  lots of good information