Smoked Buffalo/Bacon/Starnes Chicken Dip

Started by squirtthecat, May 27, 2011, 06:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirtthecat

Ok, this stuff was killer good.  Brought home enough to spread on a couple chips - the rest was devoured.

hal4uk

Yeah...  I think we put a pretty good DENT in that dish!   ;D

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

KyNola

That looks killer!  Was a quarter cup of Starne's too much or OK?  Jan's been hinting for me to tackle this.

squirtthecat

Quote from: KyNola on May 30, 2011, 01:28:38 PM
That looks killer!  Was a quarter cup of Starne's too much or OK?  Jan's been hinting for me to tackle this.

1/4 cup to 3/4 cup Buffalo Wing sauce was just right..      It had a slight punch, but nothing over the top.

KyNola

Thanks Pat!  May sub smoked white cheddar for the shredded cheese you used when I tackle this.  Or maybe smoked gouda.

hal4uk

Larry, I think he nailed it --- It had a punch, and yeahhh, coulda been a little hotter for CRAZY ME...
But, the gals all said "wow... that's kinda hot -- the heat really sneaks up you..."
Yet, they kept gobbling it up!!!

So, enough heat for anyone, but not too hot for a crowd.
Just perfect.

No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

FLBentRider

Quote from: squirtthecat on May 29, 2011, 06:54:01 AM

Ok, this stuff was killer good.  Brought home enough to spread on a couple chips - the rest was devoured.

Told ya that stuff was good. We have to hide the leftovers from the kids, or it will evaporate before your eyes.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

squirtthecat

Yep, definitely a keeper.

I used Ott's Wing Sauce - they are out of Carthage, MO.    Same ingredients as Hooters wing sauce, for 1/2 the price.  ;)

OU812

That looks like the gooey stuff I stuff in tortillas, cover with sauce and call enchiladas.  :D

squirtthecat

I thought about putting some on my smashed pork sammich...   That would have made a mess out of Hal's griddle, though.  ;D

I'll have to double it next time..

OU812

Aint that why he keeps his griddle in the garage? So you can make a mess.  :D