First Time doing ribs

Started by sthomasaz, May 31, 2011, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sthomasaz

I decided to try some ribs this weekend. I made a rub based off of a memphis rub recipe I found online. I ended up not really caring for it, but the ribs came out so good anyway that it didn't even matter. I did a mix of apple and hickory biscuits.

I also threw in some boneless skinless chickenbreast for my lunches this week just to see how they would turn out. I used the leftover rub and they turned out great as well. I pulled them out at the three hour mark when I wrapped the ribs.

Here's the finished ribs. I sauced them with some Sweet Baby Rays sauce. It's not my favorite, but it's a good sauce. My favorite is Bill Johnson's which is much more venegary and spicy but they were out at the store.

The thing that I have enjoyed most about using this particular smoker is that I am learning something new every time and the food that is coming out is so good that it gets me excited for the next time as I dial in on how to get the food perfect. I have tried to make ribs all sorts of different ways over the year and my wife agreed that this was the best batch I've ever produced.

OU812

Them there ribs look GREAT!

Did ya have some Potato-Mac Salad with them?  ;D

TestRocket

Nice job on the ribs!

Speaking of your store being out of your favorite BBQ sauce we stopped by Kroger's yesterday and the BBQ sauce section was so picked over it looked like the bread and milk aisle right before a snow storm!  ;D

ghost9mm

sthomasaz...your ribs really look good, like you sweet baby ray's is not my favorite but it is my wife's favorite, soooooo we are a two sauce family, well just not two, I like to try new...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

sthomasaz

No Potato Mac.  :)

I did make some pretty decent collard greens that I enjoyed greatly with the ribs.

OU812

Quote from: sthomasaz on May 31, 2011, 11:23:17 AM

I did make some pretty decent collard greens that I enjoyed greatly with the ribs.

Collard greens will work too.  ;D

Dont see them collard greens around here much.

sthomasaz

Quote from: OU812 on May 31, 2011, 11:29:25 AM

I think I'm a Southern boy trapped in an Arizonan body

OU812

Quote from: sthomasaz on May 31, 2011, 11:33:58 AM
Quote from: OU812 on May 31, 2011, 11:29:25 AM

I think I'm a Southern boy trapped in an Arizonan body

Arizona is South (mostly west) of here.   :D

Last time I had collard green was when we were in Alabama.