Memorial Day Smoke Out

Started by SnellySmokesEm, June 01, 2011, 07:50:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnellySmokesEm

Hey everyone, I haven't posted much lately because I have been so busy.  My second child will be here in about a month and its been so crazy at my household.  Plus all the extra hours I have been putting in because the wife will be on maternity leave.... I never dreamed I would be this busy.  But I have been checking in on the forum and trying to keep up with all that is going on here.  It looks and sounds like the New Orleans trip was a huge success and people are still gettin boxes!!!!  I have been smoking, just not been able to post them all.  Since I had family in town for Memorial Day I decided to go all out.  I did a 6lb butt and 5 racks of spare ribs.  After my step fathers last rib failure I was summoned for the job.  :)  Hope all is well with all my friends on the forum!  Enjoy the pics, I know my family did!

6lb Butt injected with garlic butter and rubbed with Salt Lick Clone and brown sugar slathered in CYM

5 racks of spares trimmed and rubbed with Stubs Pork rub wrapped up for the night.  I'm going with the 4-2-grill method (4 hours smoke 2 hours foil)

I have never done this many ribs so I broke out my new rib rack.  The 5th rack was on a rack above these four.

All ready for the foil and apple juice

Now time for some infrared heat on my Charbroil Red with some sauce.  2 rack sweet baby rays (for the wives) 3 rack of Tom's

The feast is on!

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Hopefull Romantic

That is one heck of a "come back" post.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

muebe

Great job on the ribs and welcome back Snelly ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

OU812

That all looks gooood and looks like every one had a good time too.

It was a rib kind of day at our house too.  ;D

Ka Honu

ghost9mm

Them ribs sure look good to me..and it looks like everyone else in diggin in...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TestRocket

Looks like a good time! Congrats!  ;D

Tenpoint5

Some good looking Grub there Snelly!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!