Smoked Copper River Salmon

Started by Keymaster, June 04, 2011, 07:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keymaster

Soaked the Salmon in Kummoks Brine for 12 hours overnite. Then got up early and racked it up and put it in the Garage for 3-1/2 hours to get its Glaze on.

Then into the smoker for 2 hours of Alder smoke and it should be done in about 7 or 8 hours

ghost9mm

WOW!!! that looks like some really good eatin when finished, I can eat salmon 3 times a week..well done my friend..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

tsquared

Looks good keymaster--i like the look of that nice shiny pellicle reflecting off the interior of your new Bradley.  I guarantee once you taste that salmon, the shine on the interior of your smoker won't last long.  :)
T2

Keymaster

Heres a couple pics of it all done. This is the best tasting Salmon I have ever had, now I know why it is pinned to the top of the fish page, Thanks for sharing Kummok!!! I do have to admit I split the recipe in half, except the soy sauce (I used Dales) on accident but it turned out awesone and not to salty or sweet at all, Perfect :) :) :) :) :)

iceman

Great job Keymaster. That is going to go fast so you better hide some quick.  ;D

Keymaster

Quote from: iceman on June 04, 2011, 03:55:34 PM
Great job Keymaster. That is going to go fast so you better hide some quick.  ;D
Thanks Iceman, Your right about that, wife already took two pieces over to the neighbors, but thats all good, the smoke was blowing their way today so thats their compensation ;D I cant wait for the Native Americans to start selling salmon for 5 bucks a head.

muebe

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Kummok

Great job on the Reds, Keymaster!!  I should be home right now, dipping them out of the Copper River but having a great time in Branson, MO with Alaskan friends this weekend instead...looks like I'll have to settle for Kenai Reds instead, when I return home.... ;)

Keymaster

Quote from: Kummok on June 05, 2011, 05:07:55 AM
Great job on the Reds, Keymaster!!  I should be home right now, dipping them out of the Copper River but having a great time in Branson, MO with Alaskan friends this weekend instead...looks like I'll have to settle for Kenai Reds instead, when I return home.... ;)
Thanks Kummok, I don't know if there still standing But about 25 years ago I built the two story ice houses that fill the boats with ice In cordova and Kodiak and did a bunch of other refrigeration work there, that was right before the oil spill.

smokin65

Your batch of Copper River looks great.

I did a batch of Copper River 3 weeks ago, Our Fred Meyer store had a special $4.99/lb if you buy the whole fish.  I bought 2 fish, each about 4.3/lbs each, had the butcher filet them for me.  Everyone said I was nuts to be smoking copper river sockeye, but at that price I had to give it a go.  I used two different brine methods, they both came out fantastico........I mean....it was OMG good.  Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

Keymaster

SamuelG

Great looking salmon.  Wish I could get them for that price here in SFla.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Kummok

Can't speak from recent experience (cuz I'm still in America...Oregon at the moment...hopefully headed back through BC/NWT by Tuesday), but reliable sources tell me that the Copper River Red escapement is nill so far...they're expecting a better late run in August. If so, I expect to make that one for my winter supply....small fish but tasty!

pikeman_95

THAT FISH LOOKS FANTASTIC!!!!

Kirby