Warm up time with auberins PID

Started by HookedOnMyBradley, August 01, 2011, 09:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HookedOnMyBradley

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've looked for 20min or so and couldn't find anything so here goes.

What I am curious about is if I set my Auberins PID to be at 200 for 1 hour and then 225 for 2 hours (just as an example), does the PID start timing from when the smoker reaches temp or does it start counting down right away?  Thanks in advance!

Greg

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

muebe

I always add an addition 0.3 hours to my time to compensate for warm-up. With a 900w element my OBS usually warms up to 225F in about 10 minutes with the convection fan on ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Mr Walleye

Greg

Like FLB said, it starts it's countdown right away. Some people program in a "warm up" time at the start so that you are starting closer to your operating temp.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

HookedOnMyBradley

Thanks once again!  The members of this forum are great!  I appreciate your time and knowledge.

Greg

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Mr Walleye on August 01, 2011, 09:13:51 AM
Greg

Like FLB said, it starts it's countdown right away. Some people program in a "warm up" time at the start so that you are starting closer to your operating temp.

Mike

Didnt think about this. Good idea. I just got my new PID dual probe and was wondering about warm up time. I noticed while playing with it that before it got up to temp, it would go to the next cylce. Thanks again.
Mike

GusRobin

I usually load my pan of hot water, sent the first cycle of the PID as a warm up cycle for both the cabinet and the puck burner. I have the dual element so I set it for about 20 minutes or so.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.