Non-spicy rib rub

Started by Phlyfisher, June 05, 2011, 09:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phlyfisher

Anyone have a good, non-spicy rib-rub (commercial or homemade) that they like to use? Last time I smoked some ribs, I made them a little too spicy for some people, so I'm hoping to find a rub that will have little to no heat.

Quarlow

I like to use Jan's Rub but I leave out the cayenne pepper when I make mine. You can find the recipe for iton the recipe site.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

beefmann

you also may want to try a basic rub like the following

a good coating of the following just enough to cover and you  can adjust to your taste as well

paprika
black pepper
Granulated Garlic
ground mustard

apply in order above and enjoy.. this is one of my  favorite rubs to use and standard to use and  easily modified

TedEbear

Quote from: Phlyfisher on June 05, 2011, 09:27:55 AM
Anyone have a good, non-spicy rib-rub (commercial or homemade) that they like to use? Last time I smoked some ribs, I made them a little too spicy for some people, so I'm hoping to find a rub that will have little to no heat.

I make two different jars of Meathead's Memphis Dust.  The regular is the same as the recipe.  The spicy version has some cayenne pepper added.  You can adjust the amount depending on how fire-breathing you want it.  I like mine spicy enough to where I don't have to put the ribs in the microwave to reheat them.  My wife likes the mild version.

Habanero Smoker

For a commercial rub, you can't go wrong with any of the McCormick Grill Mates. The only one that may be slightly spicy is the Cinnamon Chipotle.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Phlyfisher

Awesome suggestions. Thanks all! We'll have to see what the jury's opinion is.  ;D