HUGE load of Ribs and Brisket

Started by luv to smoke, June 06, 2011, 06:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luv to smoke

Hello all I need some advise please! I have to do six briskets and thirty-eight slabs of babybacks for this up coming weekend and there is no way to get all in my smoker at one time, I can do all briskets or all ribs at the same time but not both. My question is which one warms up better because I will have to cook some ahead of time. Also if anyone has a method for producing the best warm up results I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance, Ryan

bundy

I would warm up the ribs, but don't think there is a lot of difference ???

Habanero Smoker

I would get the briskets out of the way first, because they are going to take the longest time to cook, and you always seem to need more time then you planned. The brisket is trickier to warm up without drying, so you should use some low sodium beef broth when you reheat them. Brisket is best reheated whole, with a small amount of low sodium beef broth, tightly covered, and I reheat at 350°F. Some au jus, or your favorite sauce on the side may come in handy.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

freakaccident

Which Bradley do you have?  38 slabs of ribs would take me a week in my 4 rack.

beefmann

here is what i would do.. start off with filling the smoker  with  ribs and  smoke them  for  3 hours of oak and misquete  or  what ever your favorite  wood is,,, remove that group and re fill the smoker and add more bisquetts  and place ribs in a foil tray , cover and  place in over to finish  cooking or on a  grill or in oven... repeat this process till ribs are  done...  then  move on to the briskets. i personally could get  two 15 lb briskets in my 4 rack and  last 18 pounder took 16 hours to cook at 225 and I pulled it at 165 then FTC  with apple juice for an  hour  then  sliced.

Hope this  helps
beef

luv to smoke

Thanks for all the advice. I have a homemade smoker with the smoke generator and PID controler the inside dimensions are 25"x25" and is 48" tall of shelves, so I can fit a lot of meat in at one time. I was originally thinking if I got the ribs done I could place them in foil pans with a little apple juice and cover tightly the reheat in oven and touch them up on the grill with a little sauce. Any objections or contrary advice?

watchdog56

beefmann

Luv.. you  have the idea and it  should  work... good luck and let us know how it works  out... now  knowing you  have a bigger smoker you can do a lot  more... and do all 6 briskets at once and a lot  of  ribs... might  consider doing the ribs in 2 or 3 batches

KyNola

I would luv to see 38 racks of ribs if you have an opportunity to snap a pic or two and post them here.

luv to smoke

I will defiantly take pics and I will post if I can figure out how to.

KyNola

Easy to do. Establish an account on photobucket(it's free) and download your pics there.  It will assign a IMG code to the pic.  Then, just copy and paste the IMG code to your post and your pic will magically appear.  Use the "preview" feature to see if the pic will show up correctly.