Rindswurst Recipe

Started by cobra6223, June 07, 2011, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra6223

Well folks I'm at my wits end searching for a Rindswurst recipe so I came to the best source on the face of the planet for help . A Friend wanted me to try and make some of this sausage, he claims it awesome, he had it in Rhinelander Wisconsin . Here's what I kind of know about it, it's a German all beef sausage that looks smoked and about the size of a brat, I also think it contains oatmeal, allspice and some other spices, and it may also be called Rinderwurst . I've done searches for Rindswurst, Rinderwurst, and homemade German sausage recipes and no luck . As always any help or suggestions is GREATLY appreciated and Thanks in advance for your help .

Tim

NePaSmoKer

German Beef Sausage

2 lb. ground beef
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sage
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. summer savory

Combine all ingredients, mix well. Stuff into hog casings or roll into logs like a fatty. If you smoke remember the cure.

cobra6223

Hey Rick
Thanks again ! I have 3 questions though, what the heck is summer savory and the wife would like to know where you found it so fast as we both looked all over for it, and last what kind of GB since it has no  pork in it .  Thanks again

Tim

Kevin A

Quote from: cobra6223 on June 07, 2011, 10:52:31 AM
what the heck is summer savory
Similar to dill & thyme; main ingredient in herbes de provence so if you've done any french cooking, its a regular ingredient.

I'm not a big fan of it, and a little goes a long way for my tastes.

KyNola

I'm not Rick but I'm betting he is going to tell you 80/20 ground beef.

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: KyNola on June 07, 2011, 11:51:06 AM
I'm not Rick but I'm betting he is going to tell you 80/20 ground beef.

Larry gets the coors lite  ;D