Stand/Cart for Digital 4 Rack Smoker

Started by zueth, June 07, 2011, 12:45:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I am looking at buying or building a cart for my Bradley Digital 4 rack smoker.  I would like something that i can set it on so it is around waist high, has storage below it enclosed and on wheels.

What have you guys bought or built? 

Thanks.

smoke em if you got em

OBS w/ dual element and fan mods
Dual-Probe auber pid
Charbroil BEESR
Charbroil SRG
Excalibur 9 tray dehydrator
Outdoor Gourmet pellet grill
Old Smokey #22 charcoal grill
Camp Chef DLX pellet grill

rcger

I bought a rolling toolbox base.  It was a cheap one.  It has 2 drawers and a lower section that's open.  It's perfect for storage.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

Habanero Smoker

I have a 3 wire shelf cart I purchased for Sam's, and like it because the large wheels make it easy to push the cart across the lawn. They stopped selling them for a while, but I just saw one in the store the other day; it now cost around $60. The main problem it is not weatherproof. It is chrome plated steel, and the chrome will wear off if constantly expose to the elements. The top shelf is a basket, so if you follow the directions and put the basket shelf on top, then there is not enough clearance to open the door. You could raise the level of the cabinet by placing 2 by 3's under the feet.

When I assemble mine I didn't follow the direction. I put the basket shelf on the bottom. If you do that, you need to make sure the basket is set high enough so that it clears the wheels.

Utility Cart

I also saw a cabinet on wheels that will work well if you store it indoor, but for the life of me I can't find it now. It is sold without the wheels, and the wheels were about an additional $60 option. I'm sure one should be able to purchase wheels for much less. I'll keep looking for it, and when I find it I'll let you know.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

KyNola

I have the exact same cart as Habs.  It works great, just remember to put the basket shelf on the bottom instead of the top and you will be all set.

zueth

This is what I came up with, got the cart/stand at Lowes.

Hopefull Romantic

I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

Jetech

Quote from: zueth on June 13, 2011, 02:27:01 PM
This is what I came up with, got the cart/stand at Lowes.

What department did this come from? Tools? Looks like it would work for what I want. What was the cost?

Tim

beefmann

zueth,

I know you  stated you want a rolling cart with storage in its self is great and have no problems with that.
however one other  thought is this

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=17581.0

zueth

It is in the section with Garage storage, it was $200.

Mike53959

I put mine on top of a dorm fridge, that way if I want to marinate I'm not tieing up the main fridge or smelling it up. Plus then I can have a few cold ones handy while I'm tending the smoker(he,he).

Indy Smoker

Mike. . . .sitting on a dorm fridge . . . simply genius !!!!!