First smoke was a big hit !

Started by ttownump, October 17, 2005, 01:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ttownump

Just wanted to tell you guys that I did my first smoke with my new BS this past weekend. I did a 9# pork butt and it turned out GREAT! I put the rub on Thurs. and let it sit in the fridge over night. I put the meat in around 4:00 Fri afternoon, changed my water at 8:00 and didnt open the door again until my remote thermometer woke me up at 6:00 when the temp hit 185 deg. I set it to cook at 210 deg. and it stayed around 210 - 215 ALL NIGHT. Even with the outside temp dropping a little it still held a steady temp. I really had been reading in this forum all week leading up to my smoke and you guys really hleped me out with things ...I want to thank you ..and I am looking forward to more good smokes.

bsolomon

Congratulations - glad to hear everything came out OK.  I assume you read my remarks on your other posting regarding timing.  It looks like yours came out right around 1-1/2 hours per pound [:D].  

Now you see why it was important to start the night before.  Even if you had started at 6:00 am Saturday morning, you wouldn't have been done until 8:00 pm, and then would still have needed some FTC time, all the while with your family/guests staring at you with a hungry look in their eyes...[;)]

Chez Bubba

Another convert![:)][8D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

Gordon

I start my Sunday pork butt at 12 noon on Saturday.  I get it out at around 5 on Sunday morning, then FTC until I get home from church.

I am the hero...

Went out for lunch with the wife a couple of weeks back - we ate bbq, of course.  She had said that she did not like pulled pork.  After she tore  up the stuff I cooked, I said I thought you did not like pulled pork.  She said I did not like Sonny's pulled pork - yours is awesome.

Go me, Go me, its your birthday....

Gordo

Kamanodental

Aloha everyone

Me tooooooooooooooooo.....my first try at pulled pork..it is now history and eat, ate, ett...(if thats a word) I dont know how to post a pic, so if someone could direct me on the finer points of web posting..I will send the first ever Hawaiian Pulled pork...I used soy, garlic, and salt for the rub.  I guess this is the smoked Hawaiian kalua Pork...  

Mahalo for all the advice...oh yeah my controller worked like a charm and held the temp -/+ 2 deg.

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

Oldman

Kamanodental,
Below is a link on the How To Post Images Here. It is a long read but much information about foot print, and KB size as well. These items are important as we have dial up folks and a big download will be a killer. Of course your images must be hosted somewhere on the net. Some here use photobucket as it is a free hosting service.

Glad your meal turned out good. If you can do a step by step recipe on it and would like to have it included in our recipe site then you need to post it on the <b></b><font color="blue">Recipe Site.</font id="blue"> The top board is open to member. Unlike this site you can also directly upload pictures into your posting. There is a thread there that will tell you how to upload pictures to that site.

Next once your recipe w/ pictures is uploaded, I will edit it to fit the format we are using and then move it to the correct category.

Glad your smokin' came out so good.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

Oh, ttownump congrats on yours as well [:D]

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!