OBS Teriyaki Beef Jerky Nuggets

Started by muebe, June 13, 2011, 07:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

Well it was that time again. Time for more Beef Jerky Nuggets. The last batch I made was mediocre due to the inferior meat >:( So this time I used the Costco meat again and will not make that mistake ;) Started with a little over 5lbs of chunked stew meat from Costco. There was not much trimming required just some cutting of the larger pieces. The nuggets were vacuum marinated and then rested in the fridge for about 8 hours in a mixture of Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki, Cure#1 and a little cayenne for spice. Then placed in the Bradley with the PID set at 150F and the convection fan on overnight for 8 hours. With one hour of mesquite and one hour of Pecan for two hours total smoke time. I normally just smoke them in the Bradley and then the rest of the time in the dehydrator but with the swamp cooler on in the house the humidity is way too high inside right now to dehydrate...plus I have the convection fan on the OBS so I figured it is a large dehydrator now ;D

After 6 hours I woke up and pulled them out. They were coated with more Soy Vay and then back for 2 more hours in the OBS for the finish. These are the best I have made so far. Moist and tender nuggets that are just like beef candy. I had a nice even dry across all trays and did not have to worry about rotating them. The convection fan worked perfectly for dehydrating ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SamuelG

I'm sure they are all gone! Great color.  Another item to add to my list.

Thanks. 
SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

MidKnightRider

muebe Great looking nuggets!
Looks like I'm going to have to make time to put a fan and element in my OBS so I too can make some of this GOODNESS!
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

ghost9mm

Partner that will be some awesome jerky, I have some venison jerky in the dehydrator right now...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

NePaSmoKer

Going to call em muebe nuggets

My address is being PM to you.. :D

Looks good.

OU812

Them jerky nuggets look Veri Veri gooood.  ;D

Keymaster

squirtthecat

I saw some of that Soy Vay at the store yesterday...     3 different flavors.   Looked interesting!

Tenpoint5

Them nuggets turned out looking pretty great. How many are left after the taste test?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muebe

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on June 16, 2011, 06:32:11 AM
Them nuggets turned out looking pretty great. How many are left after the taste test?

Chris I have to watch how many samples I test for quality control so there was quite a bit left to bag. There is a high demand for these nuggets from friends and family so they do disappear pretty quickly ;D
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SiFumar

Looks sooooo good.  One day when I have time I will have to try these!

SamuelG

I FOUND SOME!!

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Keymaster

Definately next on my list to do!!!! where did you get your soy vay Muebe?

muebe

I used to get the big jug from Costco but they recently stopped carrying it. So now I buy the small bottles from Vons market.

Smokin Soon

I never saw it at Costco, but in NorCal I get it at Wallymart.