Maverick ET732

Started by zueth, June 15, 2011, 11:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

My understanding is that the 732 has two probes, one for cabinet temp and one for meat temp.  Can you use both for meat temp, if lets say you are smoking two Pork Butts?  also would like to hear reviews for the 732 and if everybody thinks it is the best wireless thermometer to buy.

Thanks.

Tenpoint5

Yes you can use both probes to measure temps of meat. I do it quite often. I would highly recommend purchasing one.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

Yep!  That's exactly what I do..

I ordered a couple extra meat probes from Maverick.

OU812

Yep me too, I bought another meat probe to make sticking the probe in the meat easier.

ghost9mm

Well I am not sure if it's the best, but I really like mine...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

beefmann

nice little unit and also ordered 2 extra meat probes

GBIceman

It is a nice unit, I am going to order extra meat probes. I was not real impressed with the range on the receiver, going through a wall seemed to knock it down a lot. Added the antennae mod and the range increased greatly. Highly recommend it.
Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.

GusRobin

Quote from: GBIceman on June 15, 2011, 08:11:25 PM
It is a nice unit, I am going to order extra meat probes. I was not real impressed with the range on the receiver, going through a wall seemed to knock it down a lot. Added the antennae mod and the range increased greatly. Highly recommend it.
You referring to the ET 732 or the oler ET 73? Thought the 732 comes with an antenna?
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

TedEbear

Quote from: GBIceman on June 15, 2011, 08:11:25 PMI was not real impressed with the range on the receiver, going through a wall seemed to knock it down a lot.

Like the previous posted asked, are you perhaps referring to the older Maverick?  The ET-732 has a much improved range over the older unit and is one of the main improvements that owners comment about.  I can have the transmitter out on the deck in my back yard and still receive the signal anywhere in my house, or even several houses down the street.

I configured the chamber probe to alert me of any high temp issues (anything above 250*F) for overnight smokes in case of a grease fire.

zueth

Can you use the cabinet temp probe in the meat or do you have to purchase the extra meat probes?

ghost9mm

I would recommend that you get a extra meat probes.the two probes that come with the ET-732 the one is regular pointed meat probe about 6 inches in length, while the other is about 3 inches in length and has no point...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

GBIceman

Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.

zueth

I just got mine in the mail and see that they are different, I will have to order a extra meat probe.

Where is the best spot for the BBQ temp probe?  Do you want it in the center of the Bradley cabinet?

OU812

Quote from: zueth on June 17, 2011, 08:15:22 AM
I just got mine in the mail and see that they are different, I will have to order a extra meat probe.

Where is the best spot for the BBQ temp probe?  Do you want it in the center of the Bradley cabinet?

You want it under the lowest rack of stuff your smokin but outta the way so grease dont drip on it.

zueth

So lowest rack, towards the back of the smoker where the heating element is ?  on the sides?  can't be in the middle because grease would be dripping on it.

Thanks.