Smoked Salmon question-Salmons All Done!!!

Started by Keymaster, June 16, 2011, 06:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SiFumar

I love smoked salmon...and yours looks delicious...your guests will be impressed forsure.

Smokeville

OU812

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

CK

That smoked salmon sure look good.   8)

SamuelG

Great color!  Enjoy

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

Quarlow

Nice looking salmon. I do all my salmon full slab. Well most of it. Some of these slabs were so big that I had to cut them down so they could be arranged on the racks cause there was no extra room in the smoker. I think there was 27 lbs.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Keymaster

Very nice Q, This was the second time I forgot to spray the racks with Pam, its a bugger get some of it off the racks ;D

Quarlow

I find the easiest way is to flip the racks over and the ease the skin loose from the racks. Sometimes you end up withskinless salmon but it still taste good enough to eat. ;D The pic I posted is from year or so ago. My last batch was a flop. I had recieved some fish that were too near to spawning and when they were done they were absolutely terrible. I know it was the fish cause in the same batch I had a couple of my own fish bought from a gillnetter in the Fraser river and they were perfect. And they were all treated the same. Needless to say I don't accept those fish anymore.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

Keymaster

My wifes uncle lives near the frasier river, doesnt it go over bridge?

Quarlow

Quote from: Keymaster on June 18, 2011, 05:42:41 PM

Ok well this sort of confused me. The Fraser river is one of the longest rivers in North America. What area of B.C. does her Uncle live in? We have many bridges across the Fraser.

OBS
BBQ

smokin65

Keymaster

Quote from: Quarlow on June 18, 2011, 06:42:52 PM
Quote from: Keymaster on June 18, 2011, 05:42:41 PM

Ok well this sort of confused me. The Fraser river is one of the longest rivers in North America. What area of B.C. does her Uncle live in? We have many bridges across the Fraser.
Vancouver. I always drive under a bridge with a river on top to get to Richmond.

Quarlow

Oh now that makes sense. Sorry I am bloody slow most of the time. Yes it does bridge over the road, or tunnel underneath as it were.

OBS
BBQ

Kummok

I'll wave in your direction as I follow the Fraser River north Tuesday, Q .....a looooong slow pull up that grade!