Mango Hot wings in TBE

Started by Sorce, June 18, 2011, 04:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorce

Well this is my first time doing wings in TBE, I've done plenty in the fryer. I'm also trying a new sauce, we had a mango and I figured I love BWW's mango habenero wings so I'd see what I could do. Blended the mango with some Louisiana hot sauce and brown sugar and a dash of soy sauce and got my sauce. It's pretty tasty, can't wait till the wings are done in TBE, they are starting to look crispy, I tossed them with a little vegetable oil to coat them before putting them in there.

muebe

Just be careful with sugar based rubs and sauces in TBE & SRG. The infared energy will burn the sugar
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Sorce

The sauce is going on afterwards, the wings went into TBE just coated with a little oil.

Sorce

The end result was quite tasty.

ghost9mm

Quote from: muebe on June 18, 2011, 04:19:40 PM
Just be careful with sugar based rubs and sauces in TBE & SRG. The infared energy will burn the sugar

I learned that the hard way, well let's just say it was extra crispy...lol.. :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

Nice job Sorce! Looks like they turned out just fine.
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Smokin Soon

I like that idea with the Mango Sauce, did the wings still have a crisp, even when sauced?

Quarlow

Mmmmmm they look great and the Mango sauce sounds perfect.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Sorce

The wings were still crispy, tasted pretty much like I had fried them.

OU812

Them wings look gooood.

I do wings kinda like that in TBE but smoke them first and only use Louisiana Hot sauce and butter mix after the cook.

Makes for some smokey, crispy, saucy goodness.  ;D