heating element

Started by Kamanodental, October 31, 2005, 03:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamanodental

Aloha everyone

I have an old sausage 20# smoker... I want to use the generator with the it and modified it to accept the generator. But......the hot plate (1000 watt round electric burner) is right under the puck burner and when using it...the water burns up and boils away leaving my pucks to drop in sometime a dry pan...(Oh yeah..I have to use another pan for the water..more shallow but not too shallow.)not to say a bad situation at the least...plus this is acting as a steamer as well....sooooooo my question is..."is there somewhere where I could buy the type element like that in the Bradley? Or, would a 1000 watt salamander type work if I braced it against the back wall of the smoker. I really hate to get rid of the smoker...it works great and I want to use it as an extra source for large smokes. (you know...2 smokers are better than one...or heads?)
Your help as always is great...

Mahalo
Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

Kamanodental, you could build a box like a cold smoking box, then run the dryer hose to your smoker then you would be able to use a hot plate, something like this, click on the link. http://www.johnwatkins.co.uk/personalpages/coldsmoking.htm

Oldman

Rob as I was reading his posting your reply came to my mind... That's is how I would handle it....

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Kamanodental

Rob

What a great idea...I think that would be great..and cheap too.  I am going to smoke some pork butt and will try it tonite.  

Thanks guys....my life has become so much easier..with all the knowledge you guys are dispensing...

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

SMOKEHOUSE ROB