JIm Beam Rib Eye and NY Steaks

Started by zueth, June 30, 2011, 02:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

Decided that it was time to grill some steaks that I had cold smoked previously with Jim Beam for 1 hour. So I pulled them out of the freezer, let them thaw and rubbed them with some olive oil and Rub with Love Steak Rub.

Then wrapped them with saran wrap and put them back in the fridge for a few hours.  When it came time to cook I pulled out the steaks to come to room temperature

Then it was time for a beer, while prepping and cooking.

Now I started preheating the grill with a char broil smoke box loaded with cherry chips.  When the grill was smoking I added the steaks to the grill.  Cook them to medium rare and then took them off the grill and covered with tent foil for them to rest for about 10 minutes.  While the steaks were resting I sauteed some baby portobello mushrooms in some olive oil and butter in the fry pan.  In the pan

After about 5 minutes the mushrooms were done

Steaks off the grill after aluminum foil tent

Steaks covered with the mushrooms

Also made a salad with mixed greens, goat cheese, candied walnuts, cranberries and some balsamic vinaigrette

Time to eat and you have to have a good glass of red wine with a steak.

Turned out very good.

ghost9mm

Dang !!! Now that is one good lookin meal you have there partner, enjoy the fruit of your labor... ;D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

thirtydaZe

Quote from: ghost9mm on June 30, 2011, 02:55:54 PM
Dang !!! Now that is one good lookin meal you have there partner, enjoy the fruit of your labor... ;D

minus the shrooms of course.

DBS 6 Rack
Auber PID 1202 Dual Probe
Yoder Cheyenne 16

OU812

Now THATS a mighty fine lookin steak, cooked to perfection and topped with just the right amount of shrooms,,,, not to crazy bout the green stuff though.  ;D

I'll take daZe shrooms.

Keymaster

Dang nice job Zueth, Perfect!!!!!!

GBIceman

IPA excellant choice, crannberries not so good. Nice looking steak and shrooms!!!!
Ice fishing rocks

If you are going to be stupid, you better be tough.