ftc/reheat

Started by zkup, July 02, 2011, 06:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zkup

So, just pulled my butt out of the smoker and i'm abound 8 hours from serving time.  How would you recommend I FTC/reheat from here.  Should I FTC for 6-7 hours and then reheat in oven?  And what temp/time would you use in the oven for reheating.  I'm in a middle ground in that I have always been able to serve 3-5 hours after pulling out and am not really sure how to handle.

Many thanks in advance for the advice.

beefmann

FTC with some apple juice and about an hour before serving .. reheat

DisplacedCoonass

Which also begs the question, when most of you recommend adding a liquid to the pan during reheat, how much liquid are you adding?  Ounce per pound or just eyeball?

Habanero Smoker

When you are FTC'n for that long of a period, you want to keep your eye on the temperature. You don't want it to fall below 140°F. Sometimes a heating pad will help keep the temperature up during that time.

DC;

Since I add my vaunted vinegar when I pull the pork I don't add any other additional moisture. For the vaunted vinegar I add 1.5 - 2 cups for a full half steam table pan. Others can help you on the other liquids, but beside apple juice you can also use low sodium chicken broth.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)