14.6lbs of goodness

Started by muebe, July 02, 2011, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muebe

Just finished rubbing down two 7lb pork shoulders with gunpowder. Going in the OBS tomorrow night for the family party on the 4th. They are in the fridge for a overnight rest ;D

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

ghost9mm

Now !!! them will be tasty for sure, looks like you got a good start on them...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

muebe

So the butts are now in the OBS(8pm). PID was set to step 1 heat/smoke for 4 hours at 225F with Jim Beam Oak. Then step 2 will be convection/heat at 225F until IT is 200F. Then step 3(if needed) will be heat 150F for 3 hours. I am thinking they will be done tomorrow between 8am to 10am...If they finish early the PID will hold at 150F for 3 hours and I have my wireless ET-732 to monitor while I am sleeping and will alarm if anything happens to the temps ;D

BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

muebe

Almost there! Woke up this morning and found them both at 180F and 181F IT. They have been in for about 11 hours.

muebe

Just took them both out of the Bradley. Took 13 hours. They reached 200F IT at the same time! Now into the cooler for FTC for a few hours before pulling ;D

SamuelG

Looks Great!

I guess the fan mod speeds things up in your Bradley.  Very nice.

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

muebe

Yes it does! I was shocked they finished at the exact same time...that never happens :D

muebe

All done. Now off to the party! Happy 4th to all ;D

GusRobin

Quote from: muebe on July 04, 2011, 12:09:11 PM
All done. Now off to the party! Happy 4th to all ;D
You forgot to post the address ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

ghost9mm

Dang!!! muebe...they really turned out great, that last shot of the pulled looked like you could almost reach in the pan and get some...you da man...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

wthr_dude

Got any leftovers to spare??

muebe

So yesterday we took the trays of pork to my wife's grandmothers house. I told her grandmother to keep it in the fridge and it just needed to be re-heated for 10 to 15 minutes in the oven at 170F to 200F. So we were in the pool for several hours hanging out and playing with the kids. So when it got time for dinner I saw the trays in the oven and asked her grandmother how long they had been in there. She then tells me for over an hour :o I told her it was only supposed to be 10 to 15 minutes at the most and then she says to me "Well.. it did not look like it was done." Oh man was I upset >:( So I take a taste and sure enough....it was so DRY!!! There was not enough sauce or apple juice to repair what was done. So I just had a hamburger instead. To me it was not even worth eating and very disappointing. For now on if I bring something to her house the when she asks me what to do with the meat the answer will be "Don't touch it!!!"

Tenpoint5

Grandma saw the smoke ring and is from the "Pink Pork is BAD" age. You really can't blame her. How was the hamburger?
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Oh man, what a bummer....  Thats why i always re-heat in a crock pot...  And for God's sake please dont ever let any tough your meat again!!!!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

muebe

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on July 05, 2011, 09:43:00 AM
Oh man, what a bummer....  Thats why i always re-heat in a crock pot...  And for God's sake please dont ever let any tough your meat again!!!!

There were two large crock pots and BOTH were being used. One for chili and one for macaroni. Had I known that both were going to be used I would have brought my own crock pot :-\ But my instructions were simple. As Chris says she is set in her old ways and thought because it was pink in color that it was not cooked enough. I told her it was done and just needed to be warmed up ::)

Barely half of one tray was consumed! I cannot blame them! Who would want pork jerky on a bun? Then she asked me if I wanted to take any home >:(