screw up

Started by viper125, July 04, 2011, 07:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper125

Well first smoke and got in hurry. Threw meat in programmed pie. Dropped in pucks added hot water to pan and turned on. That was two he's ago and im at 155. Checked all lights on and every things plugged in. Smokers smoking good and elements glowing. Had me stumped till I sat row and took a breath. No preheat and a full load of ribs. 0! Guess all to do now is wait. If smoke finishes and stillnot to temp I guess it will go in oven to finish. Just how stupid you got to be to do this! Happy fourth everyone!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

Tenpoint5

You still have plenty of time. Just kick back in the easy chair next to the smoker with a cold one and make like theres a problem. Look over and study everything every now and then then grunt get another cold one and sit down and relax and let things happen. They will never know you forgot to preheat!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

muebe

Viper where is your cabinet temp probe for your PID? Make sure it is below the lowest tray of meat otherwise you will get a false reading. And if you have the cabinet loaded with ribs it will take a little while for it to recover so be patient ;)

Let us know how things are progressing for ya if your run into problems...
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

GusRobin

make sure you have the vent open
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

viper125

Vents open and the probe is between 2nd and 3d shelf.
Thanks guys.
Inside setup.

muebe

Quote from: viper125 on July 04, 2011, 08:43:21 AM
Vents open and the probe is between 2nd and 3d shelf.
Thanks guys.

Get that probe below the bottom shelf ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

GusRobin

Quote from: muebe on July 04, 2011, 08:45:20 AM

Get that probe below the bottom shelf ;)
just to clarify - below the bottom shelf that has meat on it.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

viper125

OK VENTS WIDE OPEN. wAS AT 1/2 APPROX. Dropped probe below the bottom rack of meat. Them jumped form 164 to 185 in about 3 minutes. Great Job every one,great support. Now my problem is how much cooking time and in what stage should I do it. Dont want to dry them out but like falling off the ribs. Im using 3-2-1 at 225 if it gets there. LOL
Inside setup.

Jim O

IMHO ,If your doing baby back ribs,suggest you do 3-1-1. Spare ribs are good with 3-2-1.

Jim O
- smoking
-boating
- motorcycling
- how do I find time to sleep !

Tenpoint5

I'm still going with the sitting in the chair and watching the unit with a cold adult beverage. The temps will recover just fine. You might have to go 3-2-1.5/2 to get them to pull back. But you will be able to tell where you are at when you finish the 3-2 the ribs should be really tender at that point. Then you can modify your finishing time from there.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

viper125

Well ok for first time. I learned a lot. PREHEAT PREHEAT PREHEAT!! Keep vent wide open and probe low in smoker. Ribs were done and smoked nicely. 2 racks were pretty tender and pulled back. 2 rackes (much thicker were done but chewy) none falling from bone like I wanted. Ending up 1 step 4 hours of heat at various temps. and smoke-2 step wrapped in foil with apple juice 2 hrs.- saused and back on grill for 1 hour. Used Jans rub and shacks barbeque. Everyone loved taste and it was fun watching every one watching smoker and slobering thinking of them. LOL These racks of ribs had a big meaty piece across the top Im not use to. Figured with all the food Id be eating ribs for a week. Leftover every thing but ribs! They lasted less the 20 minutes. Thanks all didnt get but a couple of shots will try and post tomorrow. Im Beat.
Inside setup.

brogers

Hi Jim,  I'm new to using the Bradley and to smoking ribs. Could you explain the 3,2,1 method to me and what temperatures your using. Wanting to smoke two slabs of baby back ribs   Brian

TedEbear

Quote from: brogers on July 10, 2011, 04:04:02 PM
Hi Jim,  I'm new to using the Bradley and to smoking ribs. Could you explain the 3,2,1 method to me and what temperatures your using. Wanting to smoke two slabs of baby back ribs   Brian

Welcome aboard.  Here are a few of many threads on the 3-2-1 method:

3-2-1 dumb question?

3-2-1 ribs?

viper125

Well sent you a pm of things I found out being a newbie. Hope it helps, cant believe I didnt know it all with all i read. But just another old dummy trying. LOL You have came to the right site. This is the most friendly and most helpful site I could recommend.
Inside setup.