bacon wrapped chicken breast

Started by zueth, July 06, 2011, 09:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I am going to smoke some bacon wrapped chicken breast and was wondering how you wrap the bacon on the chicken?   

Tenpoint5

I will say tooth picks are your friend. I will not tell you how to wrap your chicken in bacon as I have been told. Mine aint pretty enough!! ;D ;D Aint that right Curt!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on July 06, 2011, 09:07:00 AM
I will say tooth picks are your friend. I will not tell you how to wrap your chicken in bacon as I have been told. Mine aint pretty enough!! ;D ;D Aint that right Curt!!

Damn right!  :D

OU812

Let the bacon warm up to room temp then lay 3 pieces in a line going away from you then lay 1 piece going left to right on top of the 3.

Lay your chicken on the bacon with the seam down then wrap the 3 over the chicken and then wrap the 1 over all that then finish by rolling the hunk of goodness over on the seam of the bacon.

Now your seam in the chicken should be on top.

Close any holes with tooth picks and you got it.

Hope this made sense.

muebe

The silicone bands that you can buy at places like Bed,Bath, and Beyond work great! They are safe to 600F and make securing bacon a snap ;)

Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

zueth

OU812

Quote from: zueth on July 06, 2011, 10:22:36 AM
What do you mean by the seam?

Were your chicken comes together after you roll it up or were you have sliced the chicken breast open to stuff it.

If you have that up your less likely to loose the cheese when cooking.

Also if your going to roll the breast, roll the cheese in the ham to make a nice little package (kinda like wrapping a piece of meat in freezer papper) then roll the flattened chicken around the package.

zueth

Caribou

Quote from: muebe on July 06, 2011, 10:03:37 AM
The silicone bands that you can buy at places like Bed,Bath, and Beyond work great! They are safe to 600F and make securing bacon a snap ;)

Those are cool Muebe,
Thanks for showing them, I didn't even know they existed.

Carolyn