2nd element or the 900 watt single PICS OF FAN MOD ADDED !!

Started by cjj, July 08, 2011, 12:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnM70

All the information here about adding a second element or a 900 is great. I think it is what you feel Comfortable with. The Granger site that had to 900 W element also had a 1100 watt element that is the same size as the 900. I figured that it was only 100 W more that 2 500 W so I decided to try it. I also upgraded the wire to 14 gauge oven wire. The recovery time is amazing.
If you search the forum about Thanksgiving time last year you will understand my upgrade. I also added a heat shield that was recommend by one of the forum members... Salmonsmoker

This is the final product.
Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

ghosttown

Looks pretty good,  I am trying to find a post about adding heat shield but I can't seem to find it. Did you use a regular sheer metal and just used screw taps into the existing metal there? Did you also end up installing the fan?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

JohnM70

Quote from: ghosttown on July 13, 2015, 03:39:23 PM
Looks pretty good,  I am trying to find a post about adding heat shield but I can't seem to find it. Did you use a regular sheer metal and just used screw taps into the existing metal there? Did you also end up installing the fan?

Try these
http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=31078.msg413832#msg413832

http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=31078.msg413226#msg413226

No I did not install a fan. Right now I am not sure if I will. Maybe this winter when I get bored.

I found a piece of aluminum and cut it to the size I needed. It is a little thicker than the sides of the oven and it is about 1/16" thick.  I mounted it with stand offs. I also used stainless steal nuts, washers and, bolts.

John

Bradley 6 Rack BDS with cold smoke attachment, Maverick remote dual temp(2), Thermapen and,  Auber Dual Probe PID, 1300 Watt Mod, Weber Genesis E310

"I keep cutting it off and cutting it off and it is still too short"

ghosttown

K will do the same, woukd you know the difference between a single vs a dual PID?

dave01

ghosttown, the difference is 1 or 2 probes, 1 for cabinet temp and one for the meat

ghosttown

O that it was used for something else,  rather use my wireless maverick. It's not easy finding a supplier in Canada for the 900 Watt element. All the US don't want to ship to Canada.

tskeeter

Quote from: ghosttown on July 14, 2015, 04:47:54 PM
O that it was used for something else,  rather use my wireless maverick. It's not easy finding a supplier in Canada for the 900 Watt element. All the US don't want to ship to Canada.

Ghost, search the 700 watt and 900 watt mod posts.  I remember that some of the Canadian forum members have come up with a couple of Canadian sources for those finned heating elements.  Or post a request for help from the Canadian folks.  Members here are really helpful.