Bradley Build Quality

Started by ffrcoupe, July 10, 2011, 08:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quarlow

ffr get a second set of racks also.They are invaluable. If you have a load of jerky to do you can flip a rack upside down and set it over one of the other racks, now you have doubled your space. Or you can get a rack double kit or make your own rack rails and install them. If you do nuts it is nice to have more racks.
Oh yeah and there is no shame in baking here, we are all about good food and the best comes from from our own hands. I love to bake good stuff and lately I have been doing some canning also. Pickled bell peppers, Orange marmalade and today I am going to get strawberries for jam and cukes for pickles.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

Quote from: Quarlow on July 12, 2011, 06:29:40 AM
ffr get a second set of racks also.They are invaluable. If youo have a load of jerky to do you can flip a rack upside down and set it over one of the other racks, now you have doubled your space. Or you can get a rack double kit or make your own rack rails and install them. If you do nuts it is nice to have more racks.

More good advice from the Q!

WideGlideMike00

Spares? Yeah - HEATING ELEMENTS! Buy a bakers dozen. I have the new digital 4 rack. Out of 4 smokes (plus one seasoning run first) I just lost another heating element right in the middle of my first brisket. So the replacement failed after apx. 12 hours total.

The first time it happened, well ok I understood the bad batch of elements and Bradley making good on it. But I was *HIGHLY* disappointed that my new element failed on the second smoke after replacement. Argh. (Now finishing my brisket in my oven)  :'(

So, another element is on it's way. I appreciate that Bradley is attentive to the issue, but dayum, if it keeps happening my Bradley may be found on Craigslist. As much as I am trying to love it, the Honeymoon is off to a rocky start.

And as I stood there looking at the still-in-place failed element (sort of like when your car quits, you open the hood and stare at it) I notice the plastic at the bottom of the door is cracked. wtf?

ffrcoupe

Quote from: Quarlowffr get a second set of racks also.They are invaluable.

It's on the buy list.

Quote from: QuarlowOh yeah and there is no shame in baking here, we are all about good food and the best comes from from our own hands. I love to bake good stuff and lately I have been doing some canning also. Pickled bell peppers, Orange marmalade and today I am going to get strawberries for jam and cukes for pickles.

Where I live there is a really nice farmers market and I'm going to get some stuff for canning too. I love it when I make something and someone says it's the best they have ever had. Makes me feel like I've done it right. :)

ffrcoupe

Quote from: WideGlideMike00Spares? Yeah - HEATING ELEMENTS! Buy a bakers dozen. I have the new digital 4 rack. Out of 4 smokes (plus one seasoning run first) I just lost another heating element right in the middle of my first brisket. So the replacement failed after apx. 12 hours total.

The first time it happened, well ok I understood the bad batch of elements and Bradley making good on it. But I was *HIGHLY* disappointed that my new element failed on the second smoke after replacement. Argh. (Now finishing my brisket in my oven)  :'(

So, another element is on it's way. I appreciate that Bradley is attentive to the issue, but dayum, if it keeps happening my Bradley may be found on Craigslist. As much as I am trying to love it, the Honeymoon is off to a rocky start.

I hear ya. That sucks!

Quote from: WideGlideMike00I notice the plastic at the bottom of the door is cracked. wtf?

I know it's just cosmetic but I wonder if they sell those too.

Quarlow

Hey I just noticed your tag about the cheese. That is funny to me cause my wifes aunt lives in the U.S. and her husband was American who served in the war. She gets a big block of cheese every month. When I first heard this I couldn'd beleive it cause you certainly would not get something like that here in Canada.
As for the plastic, if you are under warranty just let Bradley know and the will send you one right away. They will send you a whole new door cause you can't replace just the plastic.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ

ffrcoupe

Quote from: Quarlow on July 14, 2011, 01:49:20 PM
Hey I just noticed your tag about the cheese. That is funny to me cause my wifes aunt lives in the U.S. and her husband was American who served in the war. She gets a big block of cheese every month. When I first heard this I couldn'd beleive it cause you certainly would not get something like that here in Canada.

Does she still get the cheese every month? I knew the US did that at one time but I was unaware they are still doing it.

What I am actually quoting is a line from the video game Grand Theft Auto. I was walking around in the game and some lady on the street kept saying it as I walked by. I thought it was funny that a programmer put that in the game.

Quarlow

As far as I know she does. I haven't been there for a few years but I am going down this weekend. We kind of stopped visiting her when we all had to get passports. My least fav thing is to cross the border and we never shopped down there so tomget the passports just to visit blaine seemed like a waste of money. Now we all have them, so away we go. I will ask about the "Government cheese" LOL.

OBS
BBQ

wthr_dude

Quote from: WideGlideMike00I notice the plastic at the bottom of the door is cracked. wtf?

I know it's just cosmetic but I wonder if they sell those too.
[/quote]

The crack is not just Cosmetic.  Call Bradley and request a new door because that little piece of Plastic is what the door pegs/hinges line up on.  I have been without a smoker for going on a month now because both the bottom trim and the door trim are broke and the door falls off.  They are still on backorder after a month, its about time for another call bugging the customer service people on the issue.

ffrcoupe

Quote from: wthr_dude on July 15, 2011, 08:43:09 AMThe crack is not just Cosmetic.  Call Bradley and request a new door because that little piece of Plastic is what the door pegs/hinges line up on.  I have been without a smoker for going on a month now because both the bottom trim and the door trim are broke and the door falls off.  They are still on backorder after a month, its about time for another call bugging the customer service people on the issue.

That's good to know.