Chickin' Sandwich

Started by Oldman, November 03, 2005, 08:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Unlike many folks, I really don't care for the white meat of chicken. On the other hand I don't care for the bloody part of dark meat, but I really enjoy chicken.

I came up with this simple chicken sandwich years back and everyone truly enjoys it.

You will need the following items.

1. Chicken thighs.
2. Teriyaki sauce.
3. Dry Vermouth (the cheap kind works good.)
4. Fresh Ginger.
5. Hamburger buns.
6. Mayo.
7. Lettuce

Directions:

1. Remove chicken skin/ fat and set aside

2. Bone out chicken thighs and set aside bones

3. Wash Ginger (no need to peel it) slice and then crush it.

4. Mix enough equal parts of Teriyaki sauce and Dry Vermouth to cover the chicken thighs.

5. Add sliced/ crushed ginger.

6. Add chicken thighs--allow chicken to marinate about 1-1/2 hours.

7. Render out the chicken skin/ fat until skin is very crispy. Remove skin/ fat and set aside.

8. Sauté chicken thighs in the rendering. After it has browned on both sides remove chicken and score it deeply with your knife and return it to the pan. I will lower my heat after I have scored the chicken. With each turning of the chicken I place a lid over the pan to control the grease from pop out all over the place. Towards the end of the cook, if you are brave enough, add just a little water to the pan and cover quickly. Make sure if you are using a lid to move it just enough so the steam can escape. Continue your cook until the water is gone.  

9. Place hamburger buns in steamer. Slightly steam them only.

10. When chicken is done place on buns with mayo and lettuce.

Note: Between the marinate and sautéing the meat will take on a gray-white color. The blood will be gone from the thighs and you will have a very juice chicken sandwich. BTW the chicken bones are for your stock pot/ or for making a chicken broth.

Next AND MOST IMPORTANT--<b>HIDE</b> the rendered chicken skin after you have salted it from your wife or she will eat it all and you will get nothing.[V]

<b>Click To Enlarge Pictures.</b>

Enjoy~~!

EDIT: This marinate is excellent for a good sirlion steak that you are going to grill over oak wood. It will take about 4 hours to marinate an average sized sirlion.
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!!