Digital E errors fixed.

Started by mikecorn.1, July 17, 2011, 07:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikecorn.1

After a little reading, research and questions answered by members and Bradley Customer Service, I decided to purchase some parts to get rid off the ole dreaded E errors.  ;D    1 digital smoker sensor cable, 2 digital smoker sensor plugs and 1 internal advance stop button (micro switch).  Total parts almost $10.   Shipping $5.50  Total was almost $16    All needed was a small phillips scredriver.  ;D

Tried turning on the smoker before the surgery and the arm from the motor kept going around hitting the microswitch non-stop. After surgery, NO MORE PUCKS FLYING IN THE WATER BOWL OR E ERROR. WORKS LIKE A CHAMP AGAIN  ;D :D  
Mike

muebe

Nice! Way to fix the problem yourself ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

mikecorn.1

Easy fix, took about 15 minutes. Being carefull not to knock anything loose in there. Would highly recommend ordering these parts to get rid off the E errors. Nothing like being in the middle of a smoke and when its time for the next puck to go in, they all decide to follow their partner in the bowl. If not that, as soon as you start or at some point in your smoke, you hear a loud annoying beepeing and you see the dam E on the screen, and you gota go mess with the sensor wire.   >:(
Mike

classicrockgriller

atta boy Mike and good to see ya.

SamuelG

Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 17, 2011, 07:47:18 AM
....and 1 internal advance stop button (micro switch).   

Could you explain the purpose of this switch? 

Thanks

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SamuelG

mikecorn.1

Quote from: SamuelG on July 17, 2011, 06:20:53 PM
Quote from: mikecorn.1 on July 17, 2011, 07:47:18 AM
....and 1 internal advance stop button (micro switch).   

Could you explain the purpose of this switch? 

Thanks

SamuelG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The swith controls the motor that swings the arm around inside the unit which then makes the slide in the smoker slide back and let's another biscuit come down and at the same time pushing the spent one inthe water bowl and a new on the burner plate. When the switch is bad it makes the arm keep going in circles causing all the biscuits to be fed one at a time and end up in the drink. I'm sure someone else with more knowledge will be by and probably explain it better.
Mike

Habanero Smoker

Here is a picture of the micro switch:

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)