Pork Tender Loin first timer...help appreciated!

Started by argylesmoker, November 06, 2005, 04:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

argylesmoker

I am a newbie smoker appreciative of any help.  I have a 4 lb center cut pork tender loin that I would like to cook in my BS.  From what I have read it looks like my internal temp needs to be at 160 but that is all I know...any help is greatly appreciated.  You folks are awesome!

Thanks in advance,

Russell

Thunder Fish

I have done them with Italian sausage placed in the center.Take a long sharpe knife slice from 1 END to the other with out splitting it.Insert sausage until full, wrap with burchers string then take a toothpick and pierce all along breaking the sausage skin.This will give the needed fat to keep the loin moist.
 I also like to marinade over night in maple syrup and plenty of garlic.Remove from marinade and spice/rub with what ever want.Smoke with mild pucks(apple,pecan are my fav's)until you reach a internal of 160/165 ish.Serve with a mushroom gravy.............jeze I'm getting hungry.
Terry

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

JJC

Welcome, Russell--how'd the pork loin come out?

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

vonndogleg

I do pork tenderloin to a temp of about 155, then pull it out and wrap it in tinfoil for about 10 mins before serving...try this with the leftovers...pulled pork sandwiches...pull pork when it is cold, throw some onions, green peppers, red peppers in a frying pan with some olive oil, carmelize for about 7 mins, throw the pork in, add some cattleboys bbq sauce mixed with spicy keens mustard til warm, put it in a nice kaiser bun with some old cheddar on top, killer sandwich!!!

tsquared

I agree with Rob--don't go past an internal temp of 150 for pork loin. That shouldn't take more than 5 hours at a box temp of 200 or so, unless you have something else in the smoker at the same time.
T2

iceman

IMO stick to 150F. The sausage in the center sounds good TF.