KyNola bakes a cake.......sorta

Started by KyNola, July 23, 2011, 06:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Three layers.

The layers have ham and grated smoked mozzarella cheese between them.

The layers themselves?  Angel hair pasta.  Yep, you read it correctly.  It's angel hair pasta that had been cooked for 4 minutes and then grated parmesean cheese, 3 beaten eggs, 4 tbsps of butter, flat leaf parsley, salt and pepper stirred into the pasta.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes in a springform pan with bread crumbs and more grated parm cheese on top and dotted with butter.  Warm marinara sauce served on the side.

JerkyAddict

Kynola,

I've been playing around with an idea in my head lately, of making desserts into meals.  The plan is a German Chocolate Bundt cake, with sausage and saurkraut. After seeing the cake, I guess it time to get it going. See what happens in the near future.

Ken

KyNola

Ken,
That will be interesting.  Will be watching for it.

Smokin Soon

Dang, that looks good! Got me thinking about some shrooms and green pepper in the mix, with my mandatory garlic and onion hit.

SnellySmokesEm

Feel free to send some my way!  Or you can give up the secret recipe.   :D ;D
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Smokin Soon

If the wifey will give up our leftover ham, I'll do it tomorrow.

KyNola

1/2 lb of ham for each layer. 4 ounces of shredded smoked mozzarella for each layer too.  Butter the inside of a 9 inch springform pan and put 1/4 cup bread crumbs in the bottom of the pan. 1 pound of angel hair pasta cooked for 4 minutes.  Drain the pasta well and stir in 3 room temperature eggs beaten, 4 tbsps of room temperature butter, 1 cup of grated parmesean, 3/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, 1 tbsp kosher salt and 1 tsp pepper.
Place 1/3 of the pasta mixture in the bottom of the pan, spreading to make an even layer.  Evenly spread 1/2 pound of ham and 4 ounces of smoked mozz and press down to form an even layer.  Repeat the next layer with 1/3 of the pasta, 8 ounces of ham and 4 ounces of smoked mozz.  Press to form an even layer.  Top layer is the remaining pasta topped with a mixture of 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs and 1/2 cup of grated parm.  Dot with butter and drizzle a bit of olive oil.  Place in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes until the top is golden brown.  Let cool for 10 minutes before removing the springform ring and slice.  Serve with warm marinara on the side. 

There you have the secret receipt! :D

pensrock

Looks great, but all the pasta would send my blood sugar over the top. So only save me a small piece.  ;)

ghost9mm

Larry...with that sorta cake...(which looks absolutely fabulous) there would be no need for dessert... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Keymaster

That looks like my kind of meal, outstanding!!!

smoker pete

I'll take a big ole slice of that  :o :o

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

Tenpoint5

I am thinking I could put a hurting on a slice of that!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

squirtthecat

We make a spaghetti corn casserole (sounds weird but it is surprisingly good) from time to time..    I'm thinking chopped ham and smoked cheese is what it is missing!

NePaSmoKer

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little