2 whole chickens in 4 rack digital Bradley

Started by zueth, July 25, 2011, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

Last night did a 6 lb chicken in Bradley and finished in TBE, it turned it great.  I used a beer can holder to keep the chicken upright.

I would like to do two 5lb chickens next time, but not sure how i would fit them in Bradley if I keep them upright.  Would it be alright to lay horizontal with breast up?

muebe

I have used my TBE basket in my OBS. You should be able to use a bunkbed basket shelf to do 2 chickens in the TBE basket. The basket will fit in the 4 rack OBS and then just transfer that to the TBE for the finish ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

zueth

Quote from: muebe on July 25, 2011, 11:02:21 AM
I have used my TBE basket in my OBS. You should be able to use a bunkbed basket shelf to do 2 chickens in the TBE basket. The basket will fit in the 4 rack OBS and then just transfer that to the TBE for the finish ;)

Got ya, so the chickens will lay horizontal in the basket.  Good idea.

wthr_dude

They will work just fine laying flat.  I have done several of them laying I actually prefer the breast down. 

RickWL63

I purchased a dual-beer can chicken rack from Cabela's.  I usually smoke two chickens side by side.  The two beer can rack fits nicely in the Bradley basket.  I usually use 5 - 6 lb chickens as well with no trouble fitting.  (I have a  DBS 6-rack, but the only difference is height).

ghost9mm

zueth...I got me 1 of these racks from Char broil TBE.. if you read the information it says it is for 2 chickens. I have it but have not used it for multiple chickens yet...

http://www.charbroil.com/Product/2057/EasyOut-Rack-for-The-Big-Easy-Turkey-Fryer.aspx
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

zueth

Quote from: ghost9mm on July 28, 2011, 12:53:04 PM
zueth...I got me 1 of these racks from Char broil TBE.. if you read the information it says it is for 2 chickens. I have it but have not used it for multiple chickens yet...

http://www.charbroil.com/Product/2057/EasyOut-Rack-for-The-Big-Easy-Turkey-Fryer.aspx

I actually have that as well and will try it.  The chickens will just have to be horizontal.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: zueth on July 29, 2011, 07:47:12 AM
Quote from: ghost9mm on July 28, 2011, 12:53:04 PM

I actually have that as well and will try it.  The chickens will just have to be horizontal.

Yep they will work horizontal/ Bunkbed in the basket and as mentioned the basket will fit in your Bradley
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!