Manhattan Seafood Chowder

Started by smoker pete, July 25, 2011, 05:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoker pete

I'm a big soup and chowder fan so I decided to make a Manhattan Style Seafood Chowder using everything but the kitchen sink.  The nice thing about a soup and/or chowder is that you can throw in anything and everything you want.

Here are the ingredients:  Celery, Onions, Green/Yellow/Red Bell Peppers, Cabbage, a Zucchini from the garden, diced Potatoes, Stewed Tomatoes, Diced Tomatoes, Corn, Clam Juice, and 4 cups of water.  Brought everything to a boil and turned it down to a soft simmer until the vegetables were al dente.  For spices I used a pinch of Ground Thyme, dried Oregano Leaves, Crushed Garlic, Old Bay Seasoning, Parsley Flakes, and some Clam Base to taste.

Once the vegetables were al dente I threw in 1 lb of Dungeness Crab, 1½ lbs of Shrimp, and 1 lb of cubed Fresh Wild Pacific Rock Fish fillets.  Simmered gently until the the fish was done.

The money $shot ... a healthy bowl or two of Manhattan Seafood Chowder à la Smokin' Pete with some Roasted Garlic Artisan Bread ... Bon Appétit

Click the Smokin Pig to visit Smokin' Pete's BBQ Bl

SouthernSmoked

Ohhhh Yeaaah!!! Chowder!

Looks good Pete.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

SiFumar

Wow!  Looks great!  I'd eat a bowl or 2!

ghost9mm

Now being a chowda head, that looks just great, sure could eat a couple of bowls of that... heading up through New England this fall...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SnellySmokesEm

Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KyNola

Nice Pete, really really nice.

3rensho

Oh that does look great.  Can darn near taste it thru the screen!!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

azamuner73

Gotta have the bread to soak up some of the yummy broth.   :)