Wow what a Night!!

Started by Tenpoint5, July 28, 2011, 09:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

It started raining here last night about 7:30 pm and it hasn't stopped yet. To give you and idea of how much rain. The official reports are between 10 and 14.5 inches of rain in 12 hours. The main road from Cascade/Cedar Rapids to Dubuque is Highway 151 about 2 miles East of town is closed due to water over both sides of the highway. This is the first time in memory that this has ever happened. Here is a news link if you scroll down you will see the newsbit about Cascade.  My family and I are safe and dry, I live on top of a hill made out of sand and the basement is dry.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Flooding-Causes-Evacuations-in-East-Dubuque-126309068.html
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

MidKnightRider

That's a lot of rain in a short time. No wonder it flooded out the road.
Keep it dry 10.5 and be careful.
"A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."John Adams
The Big Easy
OBS
ProQ Smoke Gererator
Little Chief Front Loader
Chair-Broil Electric Smoker
Thermos Gas Grill
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/index.php
BBQ Evangelist

GusRobin

Run to the store and stock up on smokin' meat and adult beverages.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

The flooding waters haven't arrived yet it should be about 6-8 hours before they get to Cascade on this fork of the river. Here's what the river looks like right now

The river narrows a bit coming through town and inbetween the limestome bluffs.

Flowing under the bridge, which is the main street through town.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ghost9mm

Dang !!! Chris keep the powder dry...stay safe...and tell your wife, Pat said Hello...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

TestRocket

Stay safe my friend!  ;D

ronbeaux

Stay out of that high water 10.5!
The fight isn't over until the winner says it is.

OU812

Now THATS some rain!

Hope the high waters stay inbetween the banks of the river.

Stay dry and dont try to drive on a road that is under water.

We had some kids in daddys bran new trucks try that and now them trucks are under water.

Tenpoint5

What is in the river is just run off from the fields. The river still hasn't crested in Dyersville once it does then we get a crest about 8-12 hours later. Dyersville is only 15 miles north of us. Did I mention that there is more rain on the way!!

I live under the D in Dubuque. Live Radar
http://www.kcrg.com/weather/popup?img=http://kcrg.bimedia.net/Radar/Live_Radar_640.gif&w=600&h=408&id=Radar+Loop

pensrock

Wow Chris, you get floods we get droughts. Stay high and dry my friend.

Tenpoint5

Last night I took the wife and kids out for supper up in Dyersville. We went to see what the river was doing afterwords. Normally the river is only 2-3 feet deep running through Dyersville.

Here you can see the waterline was at 14 feet. The river had crested for a second time and was dropping.

Looking out the front of the truck as close to the soccer fields as I could get. This was all under water 2 hours before

The Soccer fields on which the kids will be playing their first game of the season on Aug 20th in the AM.

To the left of the Soccer field picture above is the baseball fields.

I haven't wandered down to the river yet this morning to see what it looks like here yet. Will post some more if I do.

NePaSmoKer

Yeeeeeeoooow

Be careful out there.

Caribou

Wow, that's a lot of water!  :o
You need to build an ark Chris ;)
Carolyn

OU812

Aint this flooding crap great,,,, were gonig on 3 months under water now.  >:(

ghost9mm

Take to the high ground folks, that is way to much water...y'all have mosquitos out there...with all that water laying around gotta make them bad...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill