1st go with my new smoker!

Started by ccfdmike, July 30, 2011, 02:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccfdmike

I just received my new OBS the other day after many weeks of waiting...Thursday morning, I assembled the smoker and then seasoned it for a little over an hour.  After that I ran as fast as I could down to the local Costco ( all right, I took the car....but I ran from the parking lot ::)  Once I got home, I unwrapped my baby backs and seasoned them up with some Cahoot's House Rub and sent them into the fridge over night. I took the ribs out after 3 hours with some hickory
I then foiled them up with a splash of apple juice and then back into the smoker for another hour.  After an hour, out they came for a generous slathering of home made sauce.
Back into the OBS for another hour and then out for a brief second to rest.
Now it's time to plate it up with some wedge cut fries and baked beans....Couldn't wait for the beans to take the picture.  All in all, I think everything went well for the first try out the gate.  Kept a log of everything and hopefully will become more proficient with time.  Can't wait for next weekend!

mikecorn.1

Hey. What happened to the pics.  ;D
Mike

ghost9mm

Well with what you describe, it sure sounds like you had some killer ribs...would be nice if we could see them...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ccfdmike

Not sure what the problem is. I've seen the pics on 3different computers.  Any ideas?

sparky1

really nice ribs partner.  1st time out is a touchdown.  good job..... 8)
26.75 OTG
18.5 WSM

ccfdmike

Thank you. I'm just glad somebody else besides me could see the pictures! ;D

ccfdmike

Ghost,
I had to mess around with the settings on photobucket, but hopefully that solved the problems with the photos not showing up.  I guess it was just too much to learn in one weekend ??? First the smoker, ribs, photobucket and then posting.  I might have to take the rest of the week off and rest up for this next weekend :D

SouthernSmoked

Oh, heck yeah! Looks pretty darn tasty!
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

ccfdmike

Thanks! Wasn't sure what to expect for the first time out.  I really loved how they came out, and my wife loved them even more.  Just a tad too much salt in the rub, though.  Have to work on less salt and more spice!

viper125

Good looking ribs. And the fact your wife likes them is a big plus.
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

ghost9mm

Well I don't know what happened, but today I can see the pictures and the ribs look killer...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

GusRobin

Quote from: ghost9mm on August 01, 2011, 12:59:11 PM
Well I don't know what happened, but today I can see the pictures and the ribs look killer...
It's Monday, you sobered up ;D
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Tenpoint5

Them is some might fine looking ribs Mike. It won't be long and you will have this whole thing figured out. You know your getting close when you come to the dinner table and the family asks "Have you taken pictures yet so we can eat? Were HUNGRY!!"
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ccfdmike

Ghost,
I think I had a private box checked in the photobucket that wouldn't allow me to export the pictures.  When I went back and checked, I undid the checked box and resubmitted the pictures and all seemed to work out!  Another lesson learned ::)

Mr Walleye

Quote from: ccfdmike on August 01, 2011, 04:14:46 PM
Ghost,
I think I had a private box checked in the photobucket that wouldn't allow me to export the pictures.  When I went back and checked, I undid the checked box and resubmitted the pictures and all seemed to work out!  Another lesson learned ::)

Ya but you get bonus marks for figuring it out!  ;)

Ribs look awesome!  8)

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes