First attempt at salmon

Started by winestein, July 31, 2011, 03:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winestein

Almost followed Kummoks recipe to the letter.  I got impatient and probably did not let dry long enough - 2 hrs. but I couldn't wait because I want to do salmon followed by ribs.

CAME OUT DELICIOUS!!!!!

Here's the pics...

Fresh silver...

Cut up and in the brine overnight...

2 flavorings, 1 with garlic and red pepper, 1 with parsley...

Out of the smoker after 3.5 hrs...

ccfdmike

It looks fantastic! How did it taste?

Keymaster

Nice Job, I have a friend that just pulled in a load of salmon out of the Sound and wants me to smoke it for him. I live in Warshington too, Puyallup.

SouthernSmoked

Some Dang good looking salmon there winestein.
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

pikeman_95

very good looking salmon there Winestein. You just can't beat that recipe can you. Try flaking a chunk of that over a large Cesar salad. What a great meal. For your first try you did a great job.

Caribou

Looks beautiful  :)
you did a fantastic job with the salmon and the pics, too
Carolyn

ghost9mm

Well done, that salmon really looks great, I can eat that just like candy...lol
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Kummok

Great looking salmon, Winestein! Your photo resolution is incredible....what camera are you using?

winestein

Thanks!  Gotta say the Bradley passed it's first weekend of smoking with flying colors and I put it through it's paces.  Chicken on Sat night, Salmon sunday morning and ribs Sunday night.

Camera is a Nikon D-50, Kummok, close ups are in macro mode.

muebe

Beautiful pictures and it looks perfect ;D
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Kummok

Shoulda known it was a Nikon....I'm holding out for the D7000...perhaps in this lifetime...can't get camera stores to trade for old Winchester levers...  ;)

RFT

Looks Yummy.  I am going to have to try "komocks" recipe with it getting rave reviews.  I have done my salmon the same for years only because everyone says "don't change a thing, this is the best I've tasted"  little do they know I am using an off he shelf (SCOTTS) brine. ;D
"Some world views are spacious and some are merely spaced."
N.P.

chiroken

Only 1 suggestion or comment....your vacuum packing is way too small. The smoked salmon is so good that you will need to make packages with at least twice as much in each or you will be opening multiple packs at 1 sitting!!!! :) Just packed up 15 lbs this evening myself.

Looks great!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.