Smoking with a full cabinet?

Started by SoCalBill, August 01, 2011, 12:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalBill

Hey all,

Up to now I have only used one or two of the four rack in the Bradley. This weekend I was planning on doing a little more. I will be doing baby backs and have been using a 3-1-1 method. How much "extra" time should I allow myself going from 2 racks of baby back to 4 and having all the racks in use? I will rotate the racks through out the entire process.

Side question on FTL. How long can a rack of ribs be FTL and keep warm? I am just wondering for and future BBQs where I might have to do a lot of ribs and a 4 rack Bradley isn't enough.

GusRobin

the answer on time will depend upon your recovery time --how many times you open the bradley, do you have dual elements, and other such issues?
As far as cooking a lot, you can always use the Bradley for the smoke portion then finish those in the oven while you add more in the Bradley to smoke
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

Meat tooth

I cooked a really full load the other weekend, I had all four original racks full, plus two more full upside down on top of the bottom two racks. All came out great, I gave the ribs about an hour and a half more time before I foiled 'em, and an hour extra in the foil. Then finished them off on the grill with Stubb's Hickory sauce. They all turned out awesome! A little "crunch" off the bone, and nice and juicey, full of flavour. I had the temp control on my OBS at full on, no mods, or PID. I didn't open the door until it was time to dump out the spent bisquettes, and then to take them out for the final step; grillin. Patience grasshopper.  ;)
Chew carefully and don't let your meat loaf.

classicrockgriller

Just a cple extra words of help.

Keep the vent open (wide).

A full load needs it.

You can do it.