TBE?

Started by JeffD, August 01, 2011, 10:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffD

First off....this forum is great.  Already did a brisket with the new smoker and it came out to great reviews and some tastey indigestion.

I keep seeing 'TBE.'  I've seen one in a picture on the forum, but was is it and what does it stand for?

Ka Honu

TBE is "The Big Easy" - a Char Broil oil-less infrared cooker usually used to "fry" turkey.  It's essentially a 400o+ stationary rotisserie and has far more uses than just cooking turkey.  SRG (Smoker-Roaster-Grill) is the "next generation" and incorporates a grill plus some smoke enhancement capability.  Check out their forum (here) for more info and uses.

muebe

It stands for "The Big Easy" and SRG stands for "Smoker, Roaster, Grill"

I have two of them ;D

Here is a link to the TBE...

http://www.charbroil.com/ProductInfo/54-95-1936/The-Big-Easy-Infrared-Turkey-Fryer.aspx

Here is a link to the SRG...

http://www.charbroil.com/ProductInfo/54-95-2100/The-Big-Easy-Smoker-Roaster--Grill.aspx
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

SnellySmokesEm

Ka Honu and Meube got ya covered.  I own one and they are awesome!  They are lean mean chicken cooking machines!
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

OU812

Quote from: SnellySmokesEm on August 02, 2011, 06:11:29 AM
Ka Honu and Meube got ya covered.  I own one and they are awesome!  They are lean mean chicken cooking machines!

Ditto.

And you can turbo cook a butt in it too.  ;D

ghost9mm

I really like mine, you can do turkey,chicken,duck and I always throw some potatoes in when we do a whole chicken or chicken parts like legs and wings...great cookin tool..
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

Quarlow

THe Big Easy yeehaw. I love mine. It rocks the turkey cooking world. And if you get creative like TMB you can cook "jus bout anything" in it. I have a cast iron dutch oven that just fits on the top and I am going to do some tasty experiments with that. Like baking cakes and bannock or making stews, you name it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.