Yet another hooked on smokin'

Started by pumazjoe, August 02, 2011, 08:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumazjoe

Just got the original Bradley the other week. Seasoned that puppy up and smoked some spare ribs yesterday using the 3-2-1 method from 10point - great tutorial with pics by the way! Didn't turn out how I wanted them to, meat didn't pull away from the bone but internal temp was 170, but as others have said - you eat your mistakes! Think I found a good rub/sauce combo though that was a pretty big hit with the fam. Was at Sam's Club the other day and bought some Boston butt and Brisket that I can't wait to experiment with.

Happy Smokin'

KyNola

Welcome Joe!

Reel 'em in boys!  Hooked another one. :D

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

irish_smoker

mikecorn.1

Welcome to the forum. Remember we like pics even off our mistakes.
Mike

ghost9mm

Welcome to the forum, there is a great group of people here, just join in ask questions and have a good time...
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

ccfdmike

If the family all liked it, not a bad start! Happy smoking!

pumazjoe

Thanks everyone!
I am already planning my next masterpiece this weekend.
Got plans to smoke some chicken breast (cordon bleu) wrapped in bacon.

I will post with pics in the poultry thread if I can figure out how to post pics!  :-[

TestRocket

Welcome and I would really like to see PICS of your "cordon bleu" experiment! Try this link to get your pictures going.   ;D

DTAggie

Welcome Joe.  What are the plans for the butt and beef?

pumazjoe

TestRocket - Thanks for the link to post pics. I will give that a try after this weekend!

DT - Not too sure yet, they are currently in the freezer. But they might be used rather soon as we are getting ready to remodel the kitchen. It's a good thing I got this smoker to keep the food on the table without a kitchen for a couple weeks  ;D

If you have any suggestions let me know, I am all ears