Spraying Pulled pork

Started by JimBob Shafer, August 06, 2011, 09:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grouperman941

I just spent $12 K on this Honda Accord! Why can't it tow my boat?!?

smokinjoe73

Thanks for the definition. Now what would I do with that info ? Times and do oh mean like a beer cooler?

rcger

Quote from: smokinjoe73 on April 05, 2013, 12:27:51 PM
Thanks for the definition. Now what would I do with that info ? Times and do oh mean like a beer cooler?

After the meat's done, take it out and wrap it tightly in some foil. I like to add a bit of apple juice to it befor sealing it up. Next, wrap it in a thick beach towel and stick it in a beer cooler or such. It's just a way of holding the meat until you're ready to serve. You can keep it warm up to 4 or 5 hours like this.
There's room for all of God's critters right next to the mashed taters and gravy!

TedEbear

Quote from: smokinjoe73 on April 05, 2013, 12:13:41 PM
What on earth is FTC

Foil (wrap it in aluminum foil)
Towel (cover the foil wrapped meat with a towel)
Cooler (put it all in a cooler, the type that you'd take on a picnic or something)

Here are some more:  What do all these acronyms mean?

Oops, didn't see page 2 until now.

KyNola

The cooler should be empty, no ice.  You can do the same thing in your microwave oven.  Just make sure no one turns it on.

Defiant

Quote from: smokinjoe73 on April 05, 2013, 12:13:41 PM
What on earth is FTC
F - Foil (Wrap in Foil)
T - Towel (Wrap that in a towel)
C -Cooler (Place in an empty cooler)

This retains the heat for a period of time

hal4uk

Quote from: rcger on August 08, 2011, 12:53:34 PM
Quote from: KyNola on August 06, 2011, 11:30:13 AM
Every time you open the door to spray you are losing your heat in the tower.  In my opinion it is not worth it but if you want to spray have at it!

I agree with KY!  I did a butt this weekend (See Rick's Butt).  I opened the door at the 4 hour mark to change the water only.  I didn't peek again until my digital thermometer told me I had reached 195 IT.  The bark was outstanding.  I FTC'ed it for about 4 hours and then pulled it.  Talk about moist!
X2...  You also lose the steam in the cabinet when you open the door to... uhhh, replace the steam you just lost...   :o
No Swine Left Behind KCBS BBQ Team
Peoria Custom Cookers "Meat Monster"
Lang Clone - 'Blue October'
Original Bradley Smoker
MAK 1 Star General
Traeger Lil' Tex
Backwoods Chubby

wetzel1977

i used to spray my butts down but found out it was too much of a pain and like everyone else stated you lose temp and on a bradley it take alittle time to get the temp back up. i used to use apple juice and water. FTC works man and also if you are not ready to eat it will stay warm for a couple of hours till your ready to consume. I did a brisket and then FTC'd it and still was piping hot 3 hrs later. IT WORKS PERIOD !!
BDS 4 rack
Custom Smoker  W/ BSG/ Auber pid controls
Cabelas 160L Dehydrator
Cabelas 1HP Grinder