Cabellas Kansas City Rub Hickory Ribs with Pendleton BBQ Sauce

Started by zueth, August 08, 2011, 03:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I pulled a rack of Baby Back Ribs out of the freezer and let defrost then applied a little bit of Olive Oil and rub with Cabellas Kansas City Rub and let sit overnight in the refrigerator.  The next day I pulled out the ribs to warm up to room temperature and preheated smoker to 220.  Then put the ribs in the smoker with Hickory rolling for 3 hours, then pulled them out of the smoker and splashed some beer and cider vinegar on wrapped with aluminum foil and cooked a additional two hours at 220.  Then pulled them out of smoker and aluminum foil and brushed with Pendleton BBQ Sauce and smoked/cooked 1 more hour with hickory. 

They were fall of the bone tender and very good. 

While the ribs were cooking, I soaked some corn on the cob in water for about 1 1/2 hours then then cooked in the TBE with some red potatoes seasoned with olive oil and sea salt.

classicrockgriller

Looks like a mighty fine meal.

I've had some Pendleton Whiskey and if the sauce is half as good as the Whiskey was,

that is some good EATS!

mikecorn.1

Mike

OU812

Now that plate of grub looks gooood!

I just do hot beer in the foil thing, love the way the hops bring out the flavor of the pork.

And like CRG said Pendelton Whiskey is some good stuff. ;D

SouthernSmoked

SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

zueth

Quote from: OU812 on August 08, 2011, 03:32:30 PM
Now that plate of grub looks gooood!

I just do hot beer in the foil thing, love the way the hops bring out the flavor of the pork.

And like CRG said Pendelton Whiskey is some good stuff. ;D

So you warm up the beer before putting on ribs and foiling? why is there a need to warm up the beer?

Yep the Pendleton Whiskey is good stuff and the BBQ sauce is good too.

ghost9mm

Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

OU812

I just nuke it for a min, kills the carbonation and brings out the flavors.

Also keeps the temp of the ribs up, warm up my BBQ sauce too if I'm using it.  ;)

Smell a cold beer sometime then smell a warm beer.