Brisket...is this to fast?

Started by Mach1, August 12, 2011, 09:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

classicrockgriller

We are just people that someone helped along the line.

IF it is a choice (strands of fat running thru the Brisket), then

I would use 1 1/4 hr to 1 1/2 per lb of meat from when you started

as a "Guide" to start checkin your Brisket.

Since you said it is a Flat, then at 225*, a good IT (internal Temp) to look

for is just above the 180* mark.

182 to 185 should work.

Give it a good FTC.

Mach1

Cool that was the plan! Tomorrow will be a Butt!!!

Mach1

And thanks everyone for calming me down!

Quarlow

Glad these boys could administer a chill pill for ya. They really are the bomb.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

KyNola

Mach1, sounds like you do have a "choice" grade brisket and you prepped it perfectly.  You know more than you give yourself credit for.  Sometimes we all need a little encouragement.  I know I still need it from time to time.  CRG's finish IT of 180-185 is spot on.

classicrockgriller

Well Mach? Waiting on some pictures and the final verdict.

Quarlow

Ya Mach, we don't work for free you know. ;D No pics didn't happen.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

ghost9mm

Waiting with overwhelming anticipation on the now famous brisket, pictures, pictures, pictures... :D
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

SouthernSmoked

Quote from: ghost9mm on August 13, 2011, 04:25:51 PM
Waiting with overwhelming anticipation on the now famous brisket, pictures, pictures, pictures... :D

Ditto ;D ;D ;
SouthernSmoked
WeQ4u - BBQ Team

KCBS CBJ
(2) - Stainless Steel 4 Rack's with Dual probe PID
1- Digital, 6 Rack
1-PBS
(2) Bradley Cold Smoke Attachment
(2) Backwoods Smokers
(1) Chicken Little

Bigbirdoffroad

Just wondering how you made out with this. I was wondering what you were using for your temp indication? The thermometer on my DBS is off by 15-20 degrees.
I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd!

Mach1

Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera handy, but it turned out awesome!! Took it out and FTC'ed for a few hours it as soon as the meat probe on my Auber hit 184, which happened to be just a couple minutes less the 1 1/2 hrs per lb of meat, thanks for the tip CRG!! And I must say best brisket I've ever had(at least that I remember)!!! I'm doing 2 more this weekend do to demands(yes demands not request) the brisket flew of the plate so fast I had to hide me some so that I would have some left over for sandwiches today.

And to answer your question big bird I have the Auber dual probe with the free hanging prob.

Thanks for the help guys and I promise pics of everything from now on.

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Mach1 on August 15, 2011, 11:01:12 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera handy, but it turned out awesome!! Took it out and FTC'ed for a few hours it as soon as the meat probe on my Auber hit 184, which happened to be just a couple minutes less the 1 1/2 hrs per lb of meat, thanks for the tip CRG!! And I must say best brisket I've ever had(at least that I remember)!!! I'm doing 2 more this weekend do to demands(yes demands not request) the brisket flew of the plate so fast I had to hide me some so that I would have some left over for sandwiches today.

And to answer your question big bird I have the Auber dual probe with the free hanging prob.

Thanks for the help guys and I promise pics of everything from now on.

Taking pics of your cooks will help you next time you do one.

Also take notes ........ Congrates on a good Brisket.