What is the best way to warm up baby back ribs?

Started by zueth, August 09, 2011, 07:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I have some baby back ribs from the other night, was just going to nuke them.  Is there a better way to warm them up?

muebe

A microwave tends to dry out food because it heats the water molecules. If your use the lower power on your microwave it works ok. If your microwave has a keep warm feature that works pretty good at bringing them up to temp without drying them out. Or you could use 20% power for 5 minutes and see how they fare.

I prefer to use a oven at 175F to 200F for about 15 minutes after it is  preheated....or you could use the Bradley ;)
Natural Gas 4 burner stainless RED with auto-clean
2 TBEs(1 natural gas & 1 LP gas)
OBS(Auberins dual probe PID, 900w finned element & convection fan mods)
2011 Memphis Select Pellet Smoker
BBQ Grillware vertical smoker(oven thermostat installed & converted to natural gas)

Smokin Soon

I vac seal leftover ribs, 2 or 3 to a package. Just poke a small hole to vent and into the micro. Some folks like to boil the pouches to warm.

zueth

Quote from: muebe on August 09, 2011, 10:07:52 AM
A microwave tends to dry out food because it heats the water molecules. If your use the lower power on your microwave it works ok. If your microwave has a keep warm feature that works pretty good at bringing them up to temp without drying them out. Or you could use 20% power for 5 minutes and see how they fare.

I prefer to use a oven at 175F to 200F for about 15 minutes after it is  preheated....or you could use the Bradley ;)

Anybody try splashing a little beer or apple juice for moisture then wrapping in aluminum foil and into oven to warm up.

zueth

Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 09, 2011, 10:23:36 AM
I vac seal leftover ribs, 2 or 3 to a package. Just poke a small hole to vent and into the micro. Some folks like to boil the pouches to warm.

How long in the microwave? on high?

Smokin Soon

Quote from: zueth on August 09, 2011, 10:51:47 AM

Usually just 60-90 sec.

OU812

Quote from: Smokin Soon on August 09, 2011, 11:04:00 AM
Quote from: zueth on August 09, 2011, 10:51:47 AM

Usually just 60-90 sec.

Ditto on everything.  ;D

Habanero Smoker

If it is just a few BB I don't even cover or seal. As mentioned above they reheat in about 60 seconds. If I am doing a lot I will "flash reheat" them; reheating on a grill with high direct heat.

If there are not already vacuum sealed, and you want to reheat in the microwave with them sealed up purchase a box of sealable microwave steam bags; you can find them in the section where they sell the other plastic sealable bags..

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

zueth

I vacuum sealed and punch a few holes in them, worked great.

iceman

Anybody try splashing a little beer or apple juice for moisture then wrapping in aluminum foil and into oven to warm up.

Works good. I smoke up lots of extra ribs when I'm home and wrap them in foil then vac seal them. Ann just cuts the bag open, spritz them with juice then in the oven in foil for 15 minutes or so and din din is on.

zueth

Quote from: iceman on August 16, 2011, 12:06:01 PM

Works good. I smoke up lots of extra ribs when I'm home and wrap them in foil then vac seal them. Ann just cuts the bag open, spritz them with juice then in the oven in foil for 15 minutes or so and din din is on.

What temp do you use?