Another Puck Advance Problem

Started by thostorey, November 17, 2005, 05:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thostorey

A couple of pucks jammed in the hopper (I thought I had em stacked ok ) and I guess the puck advance tried to push them ahead and stalled out. When I found the jam I cleared it but now, although I can hear the unit operating when I select puck advance, the slider mecnanism does not move. Anyone ever have this happen? Is it a 'fatal' problem or fixable at home? I've emailed Bradley about it and I'll let you all know how it turns out.

(reading prior posts seems to indicate that my problem is not at all unique[8].)

Tom

Tom in Qualicum Beach

Oldman

Sounds like a ripped gear. At this point I know of no replacement gear-motor for it. If it is under warranty then Bradley will replace the generator. If not then I believe you will have to purchase another generator. I do know that someone is working to find a replacement part. Not sure how far along those lines yet.

I have a short night tonight and when I get in I will call him and see what's up with it.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

iceman

It is probably the final drive gear in the sync. motor. I've had 3 go out and Bradley can't help you there. So far I have not found a substitute motor but I have some folks working on a retro fit. I'll keep you up to date. The gears are nylon and strip very easily. Even if everything is perfect it only takes one small flake of wood in the way and it wipes the teeth right off the gear. Bad design if I ever saw one. Bradley must love it because they get to sell you a whole new generator each time.

thostorey

I called Bradley this morning and the fellow I spoke with said to take the generator apart and lube/clean it and try it again. When I got it apart I discovered that the brass pin that connects the slider to the articulated arm from the motor had fallen out of the slider. This pin is held in place with a clip at the bottom end. The clip was nowhere in sight. I picked one up at the local hw store and reassembled the arm but this time I put the pin in through the bottom so that the clip end is up and away from the arm/pin contact. I believe that the head of the pin provides a more secure pivot rest than does the clip. We'll see.

I'm trusting/hoping that this little episode has not upset the automatic 20-minute puck advance[V]. I'll test it tomorrow[|)].

Anyone needing to open the generator to look inside and have good access to most parts, has only to rermove the eight (8) x-head screws around the perimiter of the generator's bottom and then separate the two parts.

Tom in Qualicum Beach

Kamanodental

Does anyone have a picture of the part that has the gears.? how big is it? I think I may have an answer... I am in the Dental Laboratory field and have duplicated everything from a spiders ass and butterfly balls....lol...I think if I had a part ...I could try to duplicate it out of either nylon or an acrylic that is much stronger. Also...I have the capabilities to "cast metal.." this might help...can anyone provide me with a picture...Or...(I hate to do this...look at my generator and try to duplicate it...)just pull my generator apart...

kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

Kamanodental

part 2....I forgot..is it just the gear and is it removeable? If it is just the gear and we can remove it...I can duplicate it...

Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom