Thats cute

Started by wthr_dude, August 12, 2011, 03:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

KyNola

viper125

Well said 10.5! I figured a moderator on here is a honorary position. It was when i ran my board,  also the same on most private boards. When I first started looking at these they were well over 400.00 but came down to 244.00 which I consider quite a deal. But I can also understand the frustration especially if it would happen while I was trying to smoke. LOL But when I ordered mine I also got a extra element. Problem fixed. I'm working on gathering parts for the new legs and aluminum for the door hinge problem. Guess what I'm trying to say I figure I have 200.00 to spend till I get to the old cost. Don't see waiting till they break. If you been warned why not do some preventive maintenance. I get frustrated easier now that I'm older but I have also learned to avoid that by being prepared. Great smoker!
And a Great board. And very great people!
A few pics from smokes....
http://photobucket.com/smokinpics
Inside setup.

smokedout

I just received my new 6 rack digital today. I now have 2 bradley's, original with 900 watt element, and a pid. The old one is well seasoned, leaks a little, but still smokes. I got the digital today, and seasoned it for 3 hours. I ran it at 250 degrees, with plenty of smoke. I used my pid with this unit, and the temps were off a little more then i thought they would be. As the temps were building, we are talking about 46 degrees. When it was up to temp, it was off by about 10 - 14 degrees . The smoker took a while to get to temp, compared to the 900 watt in my old one. Anyway, everything is working great, and am very happy. 

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokedout on August 16, 2011, 05:30:42 PM
I just received my new 6 rack digital today. I now have 2 bradley's, original with 900 watt element, and a pid. The old one is well seasoned, leaks a little, but still smokes. I got the digital today, and seasoned it for 3 hours. I ran it at 250 degrees, with plenty of smoke. I used my pid with this unit, and the temps were off a little more then i thought they would be. As the temps were building, we are talking about 46 degrees. When it was up to temp, it was off by about 10 - 14 degrees . The smoker took a while to get to temp, compared to the 900 watt in my old one. Anyway, everything is working great, and am very happy.
You will want to rerun the PID auto tune in the new six rack. You are dealing with a whole different animal now that you are back to a 500w element and a bigger cabinet.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

10.5 beat me to it.  PID needs an auto tune for your new Bradley because it's still thinking about that bad boy with a 900 watt element in a 4 rack OBS.  500 watt heater in a 6 rack is a WHOLE nother story.

smokedout

do they explain how to reset the pid for the new smoker?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: smokedout on August 17, 2011, 11:40:27 AM

Been so long since I ran the auto tune I dont remember right off my head. If I remember right it is on the CD that came with the PID
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

classicrockgriller

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on August 17, 2011, 12:58:23 PM
Quote from: smokedout on August 17, 2011, 11:40:27 AM

Been so long since I ran the auto tune I dont remember right off my head. If I remember right it is on the CD that came with the PID

It is also in the Recipe section on the PID that HawkeyeSmokes did.