Model TYJ50 Synchronous motor

Started by iceman, November 17, 2005, 10:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iceman

Over the past year or so I have heard many complaints about the advance motors sripping a gear on the smoke generator. I now have three units out of comission because of this. Brabley won't sell parts so they are about worthless as far as help. I'm not going to keep buying complete generators from them. Does anyone know of a cross over motor that will work. Some folks say a turn table motor out of a microwave will work but didn't know what model. Help! Bradley already makes a small fortune off the waffers as it is.

nsxbill

If you have a gear in one of your units that is intact, I know someone that is looking for one.  Would you be willing to part with one?  Keep us posted on your quest for a motor.  

Thanks,

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

mrdennisg

Do u happen to have an image and maybe demensions on the motor that broke?

TomG

Why are they failing and why isn't Bradley replacing them?

thostorey

The thread title is "TYJ50". Is this the model in the BS? If so, I think you can get them here:

http://www.nowcomponents.com/item1/page.cfm/3362

I just had the generator apart - I should have looked for model # on the motor [:I]

Tom in Qualicum Beach

manxman

Hi iceman,

There are quite a few threads on this subject on the forum, I was lucky enough to trace and get hold of a spare in the UK but to the best of my knowledge no one had managed to do so in the US to date, despite the fact that some people have tried quite extensively..

There appear to be subtle differences between a lot of motors that appear the same, for example the timing (rpm), fittings, wattage and size (depth) varies so if you get hold of one out of a microwave it needs checking carefully.

I think the company that manufactures the motors was quoted as saying they only sold them direct in batches of 1000!

A search on the forum might clarify this further but as far as I am aware that is the current situation. [:(]

Sorry I could'nt give more positive news!

Manxman.
Manxman

manxman

Manxman

iceman

What's left of the nylon gears is not worth sending to you. Sorry I couldn't help out. I'll keep looking for you. Have a great weekend. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nsxbill</i>
<br />If you have a gear in one of your units that is intact, I know someone that is looking for one.  Would you be willing to part with one?  Keep us posted on your quest for a motor.  

Thanks,

Bill

<i>There is room on earth for all God's creatures....on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.</i>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Oldman

Guys I have gotten tired of this... this is my last E-mail to Bradley:

<b>Mr. Bradley,

First I do hope all is good for your family.

Next, the problem with these generators has become old-hat. I have no idea what your business plan is but it sure seem <b>not</b> to include current customers. The generator fails just to often and yet there is no replacement parts... Why not?

We asked you for a recipe area, we asked you for a direct link to a our recipe site after it became clear that you would not put up a recipe site--that I might add I'm paying for out of my own monies... what was the reply from you... nadda--nothing... Have you been to the other companies sites?  The owners are involved... they help fix problems... on the other hand every time we ask something the only thing we get is the back side of you.

I know you won't take the time to look at this thread but here is the addy: This E-mail is part of that thread.
http://www.bradleysmoker.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2553

You got something good in this unit, but your business practices remind me of Apple computer in the 80's...they owned the world and let someone else take it away... Just ask Job... he is now paying Micro dude for his own iPod..

Last weekend I had to go to a family member's home to fixed a Bradley that had only been used 4 times... both the stat and element were bad....

If this sounds like a rag on you it is not ... it is a fact of what is happening today... we as members are tired of you not being here and helping us out.</b>
Raye Minor
AKA: Olds.

If we don't hear back from him then when the next generator of mine dies I'm moving on...

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

TomG

You go Olds[:D]!!!  The main reason I bought my BS was the smoke generator and it's killing me that they may have a design lemon on their hands and are doing nothing in the way of customer support.

Cheers-Tom-

JJC

Keep us posted on what Wade says, Olds . . .

Chez, do you have insights into this issue?  If you don't have the parts, no one does.  I'm assuming that Wade has to buy his parts in units of 1000+ as Manx indicates, so is there some way he could take a small portion of his order and either sell them direct or through you as replacement parts?  Seems like a relatively simple fix, but as you know, I'm no businessman . . .

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

manxman

Good on you Olds, it would be nice if you did get a reply, even more so a positive result but I very much suspect you won't![:(]

A look at the US Bradley Home page does not give the impression of someone who is particulaly bothered, the 2004 product catalogue is still being advertised along with 2003 Newsletter and 2004 "new" products. Seem to be living in the past, not looking to the future.

The UK site looks a bit more up to date but even that was advertising a Summer 2005 newsletter a while ago which appears to have come to nothing.

Perhaps with 30000+ (it is probably 40000+ by now) units sold Mr Bradley simply does not have to make the effort anymore?

Yes, the warranty is good but I am sure that will be covered by the manufacturer in China, it will not cost Bradley direct.

For every person who buys a new generator when the old one fails, how many people are there who leave their BS gathering dust in a corner and or go and buy a different one. The silly thing is that this will hit Mr Bradlay in the pocket as they won't be buying the pucks!

Business must be good if he can be that unconcerned about the long term satisfaction of his customers...........

Manxman.
Manxman

Kamanodental

Aloha Olds

I can see your frustration...Did you get a reponse from the Bradley people? The main reason for me buying the Bradley was for the smoking generator..

Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom

iceman

No response from Bradley. Gee, why doesn't that suprise me? Anyhow I ordered a motor from Grainger in hopes that I can convert it. They will take it back if it doesn't work. I'll keep everyone posted. I wish I was over in the warm weather with you. It's snowing like crazy over here in Alaska right now.. Have a great day.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kamanodental</i>
<br />Aloha Olds

I can see your frustration...Did you get a reponse from the Bradley people? The main reason for me buying the Bradley was for the smoking generator..

Kamano

Onipaa/Ku'oko'a
Steadfast Freedom
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

TomG

Would the words "Class Action" help encourage Bradley to respond to what has been a very loyal and supportive customer base?